Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much has technology changed your life?

Boozer
    I left my phone at a friends house last night, I've been absolutely lost today without my phone and it got me thinking.
    10 years ago I didn't even own a computer let alone a cell phone. I had one of those brown analog cable boxes and thought it was the coolest thing in the world. My 10 channel cordless phone was awesome and if you needed to reach me you could call my beeper number. If I wanted to watch a movie it was in the form of a VHS tape and I always had to adjust the tracking.
    Today technology runs my life.
    My living room today now houses a plasma HD television, digital this, digital that and is all connected to a computer stashed away inside my entertainment center. The computer is connected to a 10 mbps internet connection, and if I don't use that connection to check my myspace I'll have hell to pay!
    As if my TV now containing the internet wasn't enough I carry an iPhone so I can check my email, access myspace, and cruise ***boat even when I'm not near a computer. Hell 80% of my phone calls recieved start out, "Danny why haven't you replied to my email?" 90% of my communication is done by email or text message.
    In the grand scheme of things 10 years really isn't a lot of time. And in the last 10 years a HELL of a lot has happened.
    So how much has your life changed due to technology?

468miller
    im thinking of trading in my brick phone soon.............

FOXMAN
    When i was a kid i drove all over the place and never gave it a second thought.. I wont let my kids leave the house without there phone and i make sure the battery is charged. Things have really changed.

You really had a VHS machine 10 years ago?
    I still have one

Tom Brown
    I left my phone at a friends house last night, I've been absolutely lost today without my phone and it got me thinking......
    10 years ago......if you needed to reach me you could call my beeper number.
    ... so is this your 10th anniversary of being a drug dealer?

eliminatedsprinter
    So how much has your life changed due to technology?
    10 years ago ***boat was just a magazine to me...

Flyinbowtie
    Interesting question.
    Beyond all the obvious stuff; internet, cell phones, home and car electronics and audio, I have a very personal relationship with technology.
    I have two artificial discs in my spine.
    They are surgical stainless steel with an osmotic sprayed on coating of titanium. Designed on a computer, they replace the critical L4-5 and L5-S1 discs. They are at the lowest level of the spine, where the greatest motion takes place when you bend at the waist.
    I am part of the study group of patients that got the prosthesis through the FDA approval process. I got them "installed" almost 2 years ago, 01-17-06.
    While far, far from perfect, they remain the best option, and I am thankful for them.
    Might need a handful more...

delemorte
    I make a living in technology so i would say it has been substatial.

Boozer
    ... so is this your 10th anniversary of being a drug dealer?
    I gave that up 5 years ago. As the senior fry chef at my local McDonalds I get much better health benefits. The money isnt the same but I do it for the little people and the love of clogged arteries... That's what it's all about anyways.....

ahhell
    what is this TV you speak of????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast