My son wrecked his 97 S10 pickup(his fault) and now the insurance Co is wanting to "total" his truck and is trying to pay me less than half of what I have in this thing.
What rights do I have to fight them with?
They insist on only paying us 2900.00 for the truck and are telling us we cant take anything off of it before they haul it off because they are adding in all of our upgrades into their price.
The repair estimate is 3300.00 and I have over 6500.00 in this truck. But they wont repair it. They insist on totaling it which would screw me big time.
I bought the truck from a car lot a year ago for 3750.00 knowing it needed an intake gasket and water pump. While I was repairing it I also pulled the heads and did a valve job.
We then added a stereo system, wheels and tires, lowered it, lighted mirrors, added a cowl hood and a fiberglass hard bed cover, tinted windows and replaced a cracked windshield and misc other repairs and up grades. All told an easy 4500.00 of parts and not counting all our labor.
This truck only has 119,000 miles and we fixed it up to last him several years to be reliable and sporty to our taste to get him through school trouble free within our budget.
How can I either get the value of the truck or get it repaired??
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMAGE058.jpg