Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBox 360 or PS3

Magic34
    Which is the better one to get? Which has better graphics, loads and operates the fastest/quickest?
    Thanks

Wozencraft
    Which is the better one to get? Which has better graphics, loads and operates the fastest/quickest?
    Thanks
    My vote goes to the Playstation 3 (PS3)
    I was just about to buy an Xbox 360 when I talked to a friend that owns both. In fact, my friend said he plays his 360 more than the PS3. However, it's only because the 360 has more games...for now. That is most likely to change.
    Just having the Blu-Ray player feature on the PS3 is reason enough; Game console + Blu-Ray player = one less component! Last I heard, Blu-Ray has been outselling HD DVD 3-1 (unlike the early days w/ Beta & VHS).
    There are more factors to look into before making up your mind. Here are the reasons which made the decision easy for me to purchase the PS3 over the 360:
    1. Blu-Ray built in for no extra cost (not available on xbox-HD DVD available for additional cost on xbox)
    2. Graphics/Audio: HDMI & fiber optic ports, Dolby Digital, DTS...awesome graphics & sound
    3. Built-in wireless internet (extra upgrade with xbox)
    -You can browse the internet, chat, video, etc. all without having any internet cable plugged in to your PS3.
    4. Backward Compatible: We have many PS2 games which we can use on our PS3 (xbox 360 does not play older xbox games)
    5. PS3 online store is free: games, movies, software updates, etc. (xbox charges you a monthly membership fee to use there online capability)
    6. PS3 has fewer games than xbox 360, but with PS2 still owning the most games of any console in history, I think the PS3 will soon catch up. There are plenty enough currently for my family.
    7. 4 USB ports on the front of unit: use to charge up batteries on cell phones, camcorders, ipods, etc. Or, plug in camcorder, memory stick to quickly watch anything stored (pictures, videos, etc.).
    8. Controllers run on Bluetooth technology, not infrared like xbox 360. This means that your controller does not have to be in clear site of the game console. You could be in the next room and your PS3 controller would still work.
    9. Xbox 360's are known to overheat-warranty issues.
    Well, I wrote more than I expected. I hope this helps. I'm curious to know what others say.
    Devin

Hardly Satisfied
    Thanks
    Buy both

RiverOtter
    Thanks
    Buy both
    :idea: ........................... he is a baller :idea:

Cigalert
    I recently got the PS3 and I'm amazed at what a gamer toolbox I've become. No Xbox but I will probably pick up the Wii after the holidays. Do it...Do it....Do it!

Magic34
    :idea: ........................... he is a baller :idea:
    Fockers!!!!!
    I'm broke!!!!!

Magic34
    I was just about to buy an Xbox 360 when I talked to a friend that owns both. In fact, my friend said he plays his 360 more than the PS3. However, it's only because the 360 has more games...for now. That is most likely to change.
    Just having the Blu-Ray player feature on the PS3 is reason enough; Game console + Blu-Ray player = one less component! Last I heard, Blu-Ray has been outselling HD DVD 3-1 (unlike the early days w/ Beta & VHS).
    There are more factors to look into before making up your mind. Here are the reasons which made the decision easy for me to purchase the PS3 over the 360:
    1. Blu-Ray built in for no extra cost (not available on xbox-HD DVD available for additional cost on xbox)
    2. Graphics/Audio: HDMI & fiber optic ports, Dolby Digital, DTS...awesome graphics & sound
    -You can browse the internet, chat, video, etc. all without having any internet cable plugged in to your PS3.
    4. Backward Compatible: We have many PS2 games which we can use on our PS3 (xbox 360 does not play older xbox games)
    5. PS3 online store is free: games, movies, software updates, etc. (xbox charges you a monthly membership fee to use there online capability)
    6. PS3 has fewer games than xbox 360, but with PS2 still owning the most games of any console in history, I think the PS3 will soon catch up. There are plenty enough currently for my family.
    7. 4 USB ports on the front of unit: use to charge up batteries on cell phones, camcorders, ipods, etc. Or, plug in camcorder, memory stick to quickly watch anything stored (pictures, videos, etc.).
    8. Controllers run on Bluetooth technology, not infrared like xbox 360. This means that your controller does not have to be in clear site of the game console. You could be in the next room and your PS3 controller would still work.
    Well, I wrote more than I expected. I hope this helps. I'm curious to know what others say.
    Devin
    Thanks Devin. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas/Holiday.

Jyruiz
    Devin
    I am not a gamer, but I thought the X-Box 360 could play the older X-Box games, not all, but I hear updates makes them playable.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm

Ara
    I have both and if I had to choose one, it would be the Xbox 360. Much better games, the graphics are great and the Live network is excellent. Overall better gaming experience..

HocusPocus
    Xbox 360, my wife bought it for my bday last year, the kids play it more then i do. About the only game i got into was HALO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast