Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XBox 360 or PS3

572Daytona
    My kids get a lot of use out of the 360, I haven't gotten a PS3 yet since we already have a PS2 and there really isn't a lot out there for the PS3 that isn't already on the 360 that interests them or me much. And I could care less about blu-ray movies.
    As for backward compatibility the 360 has some and they add titles on a regular basis. For the PS3 it depends on what model you get. The 20 and 60gb models (if you can still find them) ha the best since it includes the PS2 hardware chip. The 80gb has decent backwards compatibility similar to the 360 since it's emulated and the 40gb has NO backwards compatibility, that's one of the things that was sacrificed to bring down the costs.
    Other than that if you really want the best graphics and the fastest load times go with a PC, nothing will beat a good gaming computer.

Magic34
    Other than that if you really want the best graphics and the fastest load times go with a PC, nothing will beat a good gaming computer.
    You mean the same computer I access ***boat on. No way!!!! What's wrong with you?

572Daytona
    You mean the same computer I access ***boat on. No way!!!! What's wrong with you?
    Hell no, that one probably will probably be slow as hell with all of the rick-rolling going on That's why I have about 8 computers on the house 3 for the wife and kids to have their own and several extras for me.

mbrown2
    If you really want Blu Ray, then get the PS3.....if you are buying because you think Blu Ray will trounce HD; then I would hesitate to make that statement cause that war is not over and some of the references made in this thread about who is winning the war can be debated endlessely.
    If you want games and game variety...go with Xbox....I have talked to kids, nephews and asked them the question, and 3 to 1 they say Xbox is better for the game variety... The Xbox Live option is very cool too
    Personally, I will buy a dual format player and not buy a game console to bring me HD or BP DVD....
    People talk about PS3 catching up with games and maybe it will but on the flipside Wii is really creating a storm bigger then either of them...
    That being said, I going to pick up Xbox and Wii after Xmas...cause right now Xbox has more variety and Wii is a different experience....if next Xmas PS3 has caught up in variety and games, then I will get one then after the price has come down additionally as well.

Mike.A
    Had to chime in,
    I have both but my 360 gets played 100 times more than the PS3. Make sure if you get the 360 to get the Elite and make sure it was manufactured as close to your purchase date as possible. The earlier box's had some major overheating issues and Microsoft has extended the warranty to 2 years for any that overheat. It's called Red Rings of Death (I have had it twice and have not had any problems getting a new box). Here's the good and bad for the 360 and some for the PS3.
    360 Elite: GOOD: HDMI, 120 Gig Hardrive, Backwards compatible with most games, online gaming (90% of online gaming played on 360), X-Box Live $50.00 yearly subscription fee for tons of downloads, Amount & Quality of games.Add on HDDVD player for $180.00 at any time, 2 year warranty.
    BAD: Overheating, $50.00 a year to play online, Millions of Punk ass kids with mouths that make any sailor blush.
    PS3: GOOD: BlueRay, USB, Free Online gameplay, Game quality when and if they come out with more, Backwards compatible.
    BAD: Very Few GAMES, Still trying to set up their online community.
    It all depends on if you want more gaming now vs BlueRay at this point in time, if you have patience than in the future the PS3 is and will be the better option.

77Woodbridge
    This post helped me to go 360 Elite

572Daytona
    You don't necessarily need the elite to avoid the overheating problems. Newer versions of the 360 Pro and Arcade packs also have the 65nm die and improved heatsink and contain the HDMI port. Look on the side of the box for a manufacture date after 9/2007 and the codename Falcon. If it says Zephyr it's an older model.

mbrown2
    You don't necessarily need the elite to avoid the overheating problems. Newer versions of the 360 Pro and Arcade packs also have the 65nm die and improved heatsink and contain the HDMI port. Look on the side of the box for a manufacture date after 9/2007 and the codename Falcon. If it says Zephyr it's an older model.
    Where do you find the codename?

572Daytona
    Where do you find the codename?
    It's on the serial/bar code label:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1197573833
    Unfortunately I got the Zephyr, my wife bought the new pro pack with the bundled games back in October and I assumed it would be the newer model, but as it turns out Gamestop created their own bundle version by opening up the box, adding the games resealing it and adding a sticker to the outside. Luckily I still have the 3 year warranty though if something goes wrong, so far no problems.

delemorte
    360 FTW.
    I love mine. networks great.. its 1080 P network ready XBOX live is awesome and the games are better. IMHO.. you also have the option of running a HD DVD player out of it.
    i did buy a extra cooler for it though. as yes it will get hot. but since then no issues and they extended the warranty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast