Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How does Child Support work?

CBadDad
    Long story short, I recently was awarded 80% custody of my three children, which basically means I have them full time with the exception of every other weekend and a few holidays. The ex monster was fired from her job last year and has been decompensating at an excellerated rate of speed since then. She is a Registered Nurse with criticle care experience and as best as I can tell, she still has her license and is working sporadically thru different temp agencies, including a traveling nurse's group and should be pulling down about $60/hr .
    Here's my question. Does anyone know what the formula is for support here in California? We ended up telling her (and her attorney) that they have two weeks to get back to us with an offer of support, otherwise we would file for it. But not knowing how much she makes or how much she has worked in the last year, I am concerned that I am the one that will end up paying for child support when she only has the kids every other weekend.
    Those of you that have been there, what's your take on this?

YeLLowBoaT
    the good news is that FTB now collect child support... so if she files a w-2 you will get money... if she does not... your not going to see a dime.

haysonj
    Basicly its the f**king you get for the F**king you got:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

27 Awesome cat
    Who has physical custody of the kids?
    Not sure how the program works but figure at least $500-$700 per child minimal.
    I would file now! and retro the back $ as well.
    If she works at all you will get $,and if she files for unemployment or disability you will still get part of it. I believe its a 1/4 of her pay.

Tremor Therapy
    Knowing the headaches my wife went through with her ex, if you have them 80% of the time, and she is being a flake, good luck. It is a pain in the butt, so maybe having Revenue and Recovery, or whatever the department is take care of this would be the easiest thing to do.

Lightning
    I'm not an expert in this, hell I don't even have kids...but from what I understand, this is how it works. They take your info and her info as well as percentage of custody, put it in a predetermined software and it generates a number. Everything else is negotiable from there - it does work to your benefit that you have them 80%.

dirty old man
    1. Have kids
    2. Pay for them
    any more questions?

BIGRRNU
    Men dont get SH%T

2forcefull
    here's how it works,
    You marry a loser, buy her new clothes, a new car,
    and a house,
    she devorce's you and moves in a loser, cause thats what shes attracted to
    now you send them a check every month, so they can have a nice car and
    house and stuff.
    oh and the kids, they do with out

Kilrtoy
    This shit kills me....
    Leave the woman alone and move on! Why do you need her money?
    This is what bitches do to men every day. Don't become one of them....
    Take care of the kids yourself, you will be happier

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast