I'm in the reasearch stage of my next boat. Grew up with flatties and I'm currently in the tow boat phase with kids. I'm nearly done (bored) and want to get back to my roots but want to go a bit bigger and more comfortable in the rough stuff.
I've always loved the Schiada 21 River Cruiser but I don't want to limit myself then hate myself later about "the one that got away".. I'm going to be in the 40K range money wise, so I know I'm going to be buying something 15 plus years old-ish.. What other boats should I be looking at??
What other boats competed with RC's (ski/race) in that era? Any pics or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Boat is going to be a sleeper (mostly covered engine and seating for 5-ish etc) I want a big inch naturally aspirated motor. HAS to be v-drive. I don't like outdrives. Most of these I'm seeing are blown or turbo'd but I don't want to work (or spend!) that hard on it. Were there any classes for NA boats???
Sorry for the wordy request but I've been absolutely blown away by the knowledge, experience and kindness on these boards. I thought I was fairly good with boats, but have realized that I am just a squid. I look forward to your suggestions.