Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mitchell report is out

The Doctor
    Did you see the list that showed speed users? Because there's been more than a handful of old players that have said Aaron used greenies like they were M&Ms.
    Somehow I missed the posted list of Speed users? Could you direct me to where such a factual list exists? We all know what speculation could do in such a situation as this.

Man it is funny to see people that are actually suprized,i guess they just all thought tha around 8 or so years ago most baseball players were huge looked liek football players from eating good,some from hitting no home runs to 40 plus.Canseco must be laughing his ass off after telling on everyone and the players saying he was just a washed up jealoues ex player biy he got the last laugh.

scooooter7
    The biggest surprise player to me on the list was Wally Joyner. Remember Wally's world?
    And why do you think Barry Bonds took the year off when he did? My guess was to "clean up his act". You don't recover from injury as easily without steroids.
    And look at football this year. Seems like a lot more injuries and players missing a lot of games this year because of them. Are they cleaning up their act too?

moneypit
    My buddy had Tommy John surgery and took 1 supply just after to gain strength quickly. If it wasn't against the rules of baseball, I dont see an issue.
    I know your buddy.

Magic34
    I know your buddy.
    Cool. He is a damn good guy and his record isn't getting him in the hall of fame, but to be put in a category as one who tried to beat the system is BS.
    Some good people were in on this because of advice that some trainers who were hired to keep the athletes in the best shape for the game told them that their injury would heal faster.
    Tommy John surgery is a career ending surgery, look at Todd Stottlemyre from the Dbacks. He had it and never came back to finish a full season. Many injuries are career ending, so do a round of steroids to keep you in the game and make those 7 digit incomes, hell yeah, put that shot in my ass.
    Dont edit my quote either for that last sentence you sick fockers.

Old Texan
    Here's is the complete list, along with how the player's name appears in the report. Could you kindly point me to either McGwire or Sosa?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153646
    Apparently lots of lists out there. The List I posted was from a NYC website and called the List the 88 players named by the Mitchell report. This is the first I've seen of your espn site list.
    Just furthers this damned witchhunt into more BS form. I really fail to see what they are trying to accomplish other than cover up the fact that MLB and a bunch of other orgs don't have a clue how to police or end drug usage. Pointing fingers at a bunch of big leaguers isn't telling anything that isn't already known or doing anything to solve the problem.

Cigalert
    Cool. He is a damn good guy and his record isn't getting him in the hall of fame, but to be put in a category as one who tried to beat the system is BS.
    Some good people were in on this because of advice that some trainers who were hired to keep the athletes in the best shape for the game told them that their injury would heal faster.
    Tommy John surgery is a career ending surgery, look at Todd Stottlemyre from the Dbacks. He had it and never came back to finish a full season. Many injuries are career ending, so do a round of steroids to keep you in the game and make those 7 digit incomes, hell yeah, put that shot in my ass.
    I've had Tommy John surgery and blew out my shoulder the next season. It's a brutal surgery and took almost 2 years to completely heal naturally. 2 of my long time buddy's had Tommy John and then shoulder blowout a year later. One took roids in the off season post surgery and the other didn't. The guy who took roids kept on playing and is now a pitching instructor. Instructing is his career now and he's said that if he didn't take roids he probably wouldn't be able to throw a party much less a baseball.
    All the people who are surprised by this list would all drop a log if they knew the extremely young age steroids have been used by atheletes. I got my first offer my freshman year in High School. I can name quite a few pro football and baseball players (still current) that used before turning 16. Not from second hand information either. I watched a few of them shoot themselves. Growing up in SoCal competition is tougher than other portions of the country (Florida is another). Some parents know and provide the juice for junior with full knowledge of the physical reprocutions but don't care strictly for bragging rights...."yeah, that's my boy...full ride to USC". Sadly, there are high school records, college records and pro records that should not exist if a lifetime of steroid use was recorded.
    I only hope that for the parents of kids that have been blessed with the raw talent to compete at any level that the parents have more of a concern for their children's well being rather than their kids future paycheck. If you want to keep the integrity of all sports then speak up and keep a close eye on your kids when they are competing at a higher level. Afterall, they are the future of sports.
    God can give you talent but steriods can help you endure and conquer competition for longer than god intended.

moneypit
    I grew up with him and played at the same high school. Its sad that his name was even placed on the list. I took steroids for 3 months in college. I played QB and I was 175 lbs. . I would have been killed at that weight. After taking the cycle, I was 190 and was benching 325. It certainly paid off and kept me from getting hurt. Also steroids weren't a "banned" substance.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Apparently lots of lists out there. The List I posted was from a NYC website and called the List the 88 players named by the Mitchell report. This is the first I've seen of your espn site list.
    Just furthers this damned witchhunt into more BS form. I really fail to see what they are trying to accomplish other than cover up the fact that MLB and a bunch of other orgs don't have a clue how to police or end drug usage. Pointing fingers at a bunch of big leaguers isn't telling anything that isn't already known or doing anything to solve the problem.
    I agree.
    Starting back 15 years ago, Vincent and then Selig sat on their hands and failed to get serious with this issue compaired to other sports.
    Or at least it seems that way, now adding to the drama.
    Lo Duca (asa La Duca) was a career AAA ballplayer destined to die in the minors, then suddenly is 25% bigger his numbers rise and makes the majors.
    I guess now we know how he did it.

shippingguy
    NO, I wont abandon my favorite player. But i lost a lot of respect for him and the game in general for the blind eye they had to steroids.
    Well let's just say if they came out with a list from all the other pro sports out there then you are going to lose respect for all pro sports and some of the other athletes. Steroids and HGH are running rampid with athletes in any competitive sport not just baseball. One sport you would be amazed at using is Motorcross/FMX riders to name a couple. Don't count golf out either
    We are adults and need to take repsonsibility for what we do, but baseball is one to blame as well. They never had a program implemented to test so in these players eyes using a performance enhancing product was no big deal. I played in the Kansas CIty organization for 3 years and know a few on this list let alone had lockers next to them. I played with one in particular in college and with KC. The only thing we were tested for was pot and other illegal substances. Steroid test are completely different and were not administered.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast