Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Pool Water

yopengo
    Our Havasu pool service wants to drain and change out our pool water. They say it should be done every two to three years because of the local hard water. Is this correct or are they just looking for some holiday $$$? :idea:

Riverdog1
    After a few years your water dies--meaning it will start to use alot more chemical and chlorine does next to nothing. If this is happening then yes, you should replace the water. It's not that spendy, just the start up cost and the water. I just did mine in Oct. and I think the water bill for 19000 gallons was like 40-50 bucks.

BEER&WATER
    you should do it every year
    think about it .. highest evaporation rate in the country
    with the hardest water as well ... the solids in the water
    stay in the pool and the light particles evaporate into the air... you keep adding water all summer to keep it full right....
    that means you are adding hard water with more solids
    ..water gets thicker and thicker with solids
    the solution is drain it once a year or have major lime/calcium build up

mark49
    Have your water tested by a water chemical company or if you're close to a Leslies Pool supply or other pool supply they'll test it free of charge... Water is not like a car oil change, it could be good for 1-7 years; check it first to see if it’s become chemical resistant.
    Just for the record my water is going on 6 years and the ratio getting close to needing change, most likley this pre-summer

mark49
    Have your water tested by a water chemical company or if you're close to a Leslies Pool supply or other pool supply they'll test it free of charge... Water is not like a car oil change, it could be good for 1-7 years; check it first to see if it’s become chemical resistant.
    Just for the record my water is going on 6 years and the ratio getting close to needing change, most likley this pre-summer

Outnumbered
    Yes they are telling the truth. I do mine every year to two years just to be safe. The fresh water will use far less chemicals and this off-sets the cost of the water. Not to mention less scale (calcium) will build-up around the pool and in the plumbing/equip. If you are over-treating your water or using chems with calcium you will make the water go "too-hard" even quicker. When you drain it is also a perfect time to have the calcium ring blasted.

yopengo
    Thank you everyone....I will give them the okay to proceed.

phebus
    December-March is when the city determines your baseline charges for water use during the year. The more you use during that period, the more water costs you for the entire year. So, yes, drain and refill your pool, but wait until later in the year.

SummerBreeze
    With the responces here
    We have a issue

yopengo
    December-March is when the city determines your baseline charges for water use during the year. The more you use during that period, the more water costs you for the entire year. So, yes, drain and refill your pool, but wait until later in the year.
    Good to know....thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast