Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat drag strip

What is keeping someone from buying a couple hundred acres and getting a large dozer and building a purpose built boat drag strip and runnig a weakly program just like the ones for cars? Could still let the santioned guys lease the place to run large events. Raise cattle in the off season, seams like it could be a money maker if ran properly. Wouldnt you guys love to have a strip with steel canopies to park your boats under , with elect. and water, all within 100 miles of were you live so you could run your boat any weekend like the car guys do ?

that's a great idea ... want to invest out here in So-Cal?
    Unfortunately, even if we went way out into no-mans land ... the real estate is so expensive that it doesn't make sense out here ...
    There is rumor of a new facility opening up in Southern California that will have a 1 mile watersports venue ... that would change everything.
    I think you could do it in Oklahoma ... my mother & stepdad live in Duncan ... I think something near Ardmore right off I-35 would be a moneymaker!

hang tight
    What is keeping someone from buying a couple hundred acres and getting a large dozer and building a purpose built boat drag strip and runnig a weakly program just like the ones for cars? Could still let the santioned guys lease the place to run large events. Raise cattle in the off season, seams like it could be a money maker if ran properly. Wouldnt you guys love to have a strip with steel canopies to park your boats under , with elect. and water, all within 100 miles of were you live so you could run your boat any weekend like the car guys do ?
    Harold Bruce tried it years ago and hit all kind of red tape, City wants the people for business but they don't know who owns what or who controls what. Normal city stuff.
    He has the blue prints for it. Just be came a huge headache and very time consuming.
    It was a very nice layout. and still is a great idea. So if anyone else wants to try it I'm sure he'll help you where he can.

GAWnCA
    Harold Bruce tried it years ago and hit all kind of red tape, City wants the people for business but they don't know who owns what or who controls what. Normal city stuff.
    He has the blue prints for it. Just be came a huge headache and very time consuming.
    It was a very nice layout. and still is a great idea. So if anyone else wants to try it I'm sure he'll help you where he can.
    I might be interested in something like that for the Kansas City area. How can I get more info?

I've got the acreage, but it's not in SoCal, and it's at 5200 feet. Actually, it's in the middle of nowhere amidst the cows and the Mormons. Wouldn't THAT piss 'em off....

unfortunately, a bit too far away from us to play on a regular basis

tx-19
    you can buy property by me here in wittmann,az real cheap.all flat land 2 hours from the river.they also have a car drag strip out here called speed world.

that's a great idea ... want to invest out here in So-Cal?
    Unfortunately, even if we went way out into no-mans land ... the real estate is so expensive that it doesn't make sense out here ...
    There is rumor of a new facility opening up in Southern California that will have a 1 mile watersports venue ... that would change everything.
    I think you could do it in Oklahoma ... my mother & stepdad live in Duncan ... I think something near Ardmore right off I-35 would be a moneymaker!
    How about that my dad was raised in Duncan. I live about 30 miles east of Ardmore, and I agree that Ardmore would be a prime spot as its right between Oklahoma city and Dallas and has I-35 going right through there. Other than my boat I also have a little 9 second street-drag car and when I decide to go to the strip to race the car I can drive 100 miles any direction and there's a strip. Ardmore is the closest at 30 miles. Sure makes me wish that boat racing was setup the same way then maybe more peeps could afford to race and it wouldnt require all of the long traveling and expenses that go along with that. I have good friends that have traveled halfway across the US just to blow up in the first round. Thats got to suck. They just shrug there shoulders and say "thats racing" , what I'm getting at is it shouldnt be that way.

I might be interested in something like that for the Kansas City area. How can I get more info?
    You'd have to have enough property for the track and all of the parking and it would need to have the track far away from any homes because I've seen a drag srip get shut down for good because of the noise, and it was there before the homes were. I've seen a few real ingenius people build there strips next to railroad tracks, that land can usually be had at a bargain and nobody can say anything about the noise unless they also quiet the trains

1 fast okie
    There Are Some Guys In Texas That Are Allready Doing This. I Talked To Them At The Plowman Creek Get To Gather In Oct Of 2006 They Had Built The Track Canal And They Were Suppose To Be Putting The Rock And Concrete In This Year. You Can Probably Get Some Up Dates By Getting In Touch With Chop On Youngbloodjetboats.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast