Thread: I Need A Boat Cover

GottaJet
    Can anyone suggest a shop where I can get a good custom boat cover for my 18'jet with o.t. headers.Any suggestions on what to look for?Maybe what to expect as far as price? Oh yeah I'm in the so. cal area.. thanks in advance GJ

Mohavekid
    I can't reccomend a shop in that area, but up here in NorCal, I paid $500 for a custom fit tow cover made out of Sunbrella.
    Good luck.

novaguy
    Just had mine done (again). If it's in your area, I highly recommend this shop:
    Custom Canvas Co.
    5482 Arrow Hwy.
    Montclair, CA 91763
    (909)981-7179
    The owner is Ron Tesarski. They are very professional people and will make you an excellent boat cover.

GottaJet
    Thanks Guys!!!

1Bahnerjet
    Just remember SUNBRELLA is the secret word here my avenger came with a sunbrella cover new, that cover lasted 20yrs! I replaced it with an overtons cover after 1yr! it split at the seam!
    ----------------------
    Drive what you own and like what you Drive

Party Cat
    I had Classic Canvas in La Verne (right next to the Pomona drag strip) last year. They charged me $800 for a cover everyone else wanted $1000 to $1200 for.
    Classic Canvas

HOOTER SLED-
    GottaJet:
    Can anyone suggest a shop where I can get a good custom boat cover for my 18'jet with o.t. headers.Any suggestions on what to look for?Maybe what to expect as far as price? Oh yeah I'm in the so. cal area.. thanks in advance GJ GJ,
    Take a look at the Boat Trader. There should be an ad for a place called(I think) Cal covers. I can't remember if that is correct or not. Anyhow, I've called them before. They seemed pretty cool. They will come to you and measure, etc. . I believe they said around 500ish for a towable cover for an 18'. They are in the inland Empire somewhere. They said they even travel out to the river to do jobs. I didn't end up getting mine done, but maybe someone here knows who I'm talking about and can share results. Hope this helps.
    Jason

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
    I WAS LOOKING FOR A MOORING COVER FOR MY 18 FOOTER AND A COUPLE PLACES SAID BETWEEN $500. AND $700. I HAD A LOCAL PLACE SOUTH OF BOSTON SEW TOGETHER 2 PIECES OF THE BEST MATERIAL I COULD GET(LIKE SUNBRELLA, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME/ VERY HIGH END) AND I INSTALLED THE SNAPS AND SEWED ALONG THE EDGES WITH MY WIFE'S REGULAR SEWING MACHINE(SPECIAL NEEDLE AND U/V RESISTANT THREAD WAS BOUGHT WITH THE MATERIAL) AND IT STILL LOOKS LIKE NEW AFTER 2 SEASONS. IT ENDED UP COSTING ME $250! IT MAKE THE BOAT LOOK THE BALLS!!
    BE CAREFUL THOUGH, JUST TO MAKE THE COVER PERFECTLY EVEN ON ALL SIDES IT TOOK ME ABOUT 3 HOURS.(OF COURSE IT DIDN'T HELP THAT THERE WAS A 20 KNOTT WIND THAT DAY THAT KEPT WANTING TO BLOW THE COVER OFF EVERY 10 MINUTES! GOOD LUCK.

GottaJet
    THANKS GUYS!!!GJ