Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Oprah keep her mouth shut?????????

Not So Fast
    After seeing what has happened to Obama's poll rankings since Oprah came out in such strong support I'm wondering if celebrities should voice their opinion. Before any one says it I happen to watch once in a while because my wife likes her show along with an untold amount of viewers and the reason I say this is because this is one of the most popular and powerful women in the world.
    I just think it's incorrect for her to influence (and she will, believe it!!) the vote of so many people that it could, and probably will affect the Presidential race:idea:
    Whats your take??????????????? NSF <<>> Go Bolts

fatboy95
    Doesn't matter, Jesse and Al will step in and screw up everything for her...along with the NAACP

ratso
    I'd like to pop that bitch in the jaw, then her mouth would be shut... wired shut.

Old Texan
    I'd like to pop that bitch in the jaw, then her mouth would be shut... wired shut.
    Dr. Phil wants to sit down and have a long talk with you Mister.......:devil:

Mandelon
    Obama better be careful about filling up his campaign wagon full of celebs. They may very well overshadow him. It won't be easy making sure Will Smith and Oprah are only support characters. The crowds will be out to see the Hollywood faces, and Obama could end up as a sideshow.
    If Obama gets his campaign too full of African American faces he may just derail his train with mainstream voters. Many won't vote for him because he is black. I think that is a small percentage though. However among those who wouldn't have an issue with a black president, might have an issue getting behind an all black steamroller full of african faces. If super vocal rascists like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson climb on board it may be too much "negro" for many voters to handle....
    Oprah is popular, wildly so in fact. Many of her viewers now read the books she pushes. If Obama is good enough for her, Obama will be good enough for many of her viewers who don't have the time or inclination to do their own research.
    One might say that if the celeb infusion gets more people out to vote, maybe it isn't such a bad thing.....if you are on their side of course. Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani might be a little lonely hanging out at the big gala events with Ted Nugent and Charleton Heston...
    Mr White Bread Mitt Romney will be suffering from a different type of stereo typing and discrimination. As a Mormon, he has an uphill battle as well. Of course they used to say a Catholic would never be president, and that Kennedy fella sure proved them wrong.....as one of the most celebrated political faces of our time.
    Some celebs that have come out in vocal support of left leaning causes have, in my opinion hurt their careers. I would never pay to see some movies with those anti american left leaning crazies in them. Janine Garafalo, Joe Piscapo, Michael Moore and others over there won't be getting any of my dough. I wouldn't support child molesters like Roman Polanski either.
    As an American, I believe it is good to see more people involved. It may not be what's best for me personally, but I'll muddle through whatever they come up with.
    Keep in mind when Clinton won, he did so with 43% of the vote....and Bush with even less, as I recall....
    40% is democratic, 40% is republican....so its the "tweeners" that really decide the election. Far left and Far right are not automatically the winnning sides, it will more likely be someone dynamic who can inspire those voters in between.
    There is still plenty of time for weird shit to happen to any of these campaigns. Hillary may have some tricks up her sleeve, and someone may have the dirt on her as well.....we will all just have to stay tuned.

ratso
    Dr. Phil wants to sit down and have a long talk with you Mister.......:devil:
    :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
    Obama better be careful about filling up his campaign wagon full of celebs. They may very well overshadow him. It won't be easy making sure Will Smith and Oprah are only support characters. The crowds will be out to see the Hollywood faces, and Obama could end up as a sideshow.
    If Obama gets his campaign too full of African American faces he may just derail his train with mainstream voters. Many won't vote for him because he is black. I think that is a small percentage though. However among those who wouldn't have an issue with a black president, might have an issue getting behind an all black steamroller full of african faces. If super vocal rascists like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson climb on board it may be too much "negro" for many voters to handle....
    I know if I was going to vote of Obama and those two clowns were to Publicly support him, he would lose my vote.

cdog
    She's an American just like the rest of us. She's got a right to her opinion. I've got the right to change the channel. And I've got the right to not vote for osama for the same reason she's supporting him. We can't start putting conditions on whom and what our freedom of speech applies for.
    FYI. I’m not a bigot. I was using that as an example.:sqeyes:

Not So Fast
    I'm not thinking black or white here, just that Oprah, like it or not wields a strong amount of support, probably more than any other celeb. Like Mandelon says it may convince some peolple to cast their vote for him just because she likes him. And thats OK if she likes him, dont get me wrong, but give her opinion if asked, dont start this huge bandwagon with her leading the way and asking all her followers to join in. The guy has a suspect past IMO but its just that, my opinion, period.
    It's a sad lot to choose from in the first place NSF <<>> Go Bolts

SummitKarl
    After seeing what has happened to Obama's poll rankings since Oprah came out in such strong support I'm wondering if celebrities should voice their opinion. Before any one says it I happen to watch once in a while because my wife likes her show along with an untold amount of viewers and the reason I say this is because this is one of the most popular and powerful women in the world.
    I just think it's incorrect for her to influence (and she will, believe it!!) the vote of so many people that it could, and probably will affect the Presidential race:idea:
    Whats your take??????????????? NSF <<>> Go Bolts
    I have nothing against Oprah or Obama, but being as Oprah has never supported a political candidate before, her "timing" to me seems a bit transparent:idea: so I don't put much value in her endorsement(s)
    now if Billy Mays were to endorse a candidate on one of his infomercials:idea: , I would be all over that bandwagon
    bottom line..do your own research, make up your own mind and try to vote with intelligence

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast