Thread: Mythbusters wrote me a letter look!!!!!

Strippoker
    Just got this in my email wow the power of Hot Boat I tell you what its stronger then the force.
    Dear Discovery Channel member,
    We are writing you today to say sorry for not running the Airplane on a Treadmill on our hit show Myth Busters this past Wednesday. We unfortunately had to pull that due to several hate mails we had gotten from a Canadian Nationalist telling us not to air it or he would continue to send naked photos of himself and some guy he refers only to as RD. We have resolved this issue and are currently slated to air the show on January 30 2008. Once again we are truly sorry for this and would like to wish you and your family a happy holiday season.
    Sincerely
    The Myth Busters team

Riverkid
    Nice.

Strippoker
    actually just found this on the site guess someone in the forums posted this
    Dear all,
    As wbarnhill called out, I thought I should step in to what is rapidly becoming a hornet's nest. I will try to calm things down but I don't hold out much hope!
    First up, for those concerned that this story has been cancelled, don't worry, planes on a conveyer belt has been filmed, is spectacular, and will be part of what us Mythbusters refer to as 'episode 97'. Currently that is due to air on January 30th.
    Secondly, for those very aggrieved fans feeling "duped" into watching tonight's show, I can only apologise. I'm not sure why the listings / internet advertised that tonight's show contained POCB. I will endeavour to find out an answer but for those conspiracy theorists amongst you, I can assure you that it will have just been an honest mistake. At one point
    several months ago, POCB was going to be part of Airplane Hour. Somewhere, someone has mistakenly posted the wrong listing. It will have been a genuine mistake but nonetheless it was a mistake which is unacceptable. As said I will try to find out what went wrong and hope that you will see fit to forgive the team at Discovery.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Old Texan
    Looks like Brown's involved in some way from either reply. This guy is just vicious.........and powerful.
    I will go peacefully now so as not to piss him off further......