Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you handle this situation

Boozer
    A few months back my friend Mondo called and told me he wanted to relocate to Denver. He's been one of my best friends for about 15 years now, I had an extra room so I told him sure thing.
    Fast Forward 3 months. Mondo has now been living at my place for 2 1/2 months. The agreement was 1/2 the rent 1/2 the utilities, and half the grocery bill once he started working. I figure 3-4 weeks should be enough for a person to get on their feet right? Apparently not.... It took Mondo over a month just to find a job.
    Mondo got paid yesterday. Originally I was told his new job is a manager at a local EB Games. Well turns out he isn't a manager, his job isn't even full time and he's only making $7.50 an hour! So last night Mondo tells me "I can only give you $120 because Brenda was hurting for money and I know she needs the money more then you so I gave her most of my paycheck." Brenda is Mondo's wife who is currently living in So-Cal rent free with her parents. I am f*cking fumed! Regardless of who needs the money more obligations are obligations and it is not my responsibility to support him.
    The guy is a good friend, he's more like a brother then a friend really. I don't want to throw him out on the streets but obviously something has to happen.
    So what would you do??

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Give him a time limit. Ask him how long he plans on staying with you, negotiate it out, and make it stick. 2 months? 6 months? 2 weeks? You need to set boundaries for the sake of your friendship. Otherwise, this will probably be the end of it, and he'll call YOU the asshole.

Phat Matt
    Maybe he should move in with his wife...rent free.

Sean5474
    Give him another chance and let him know, daily, how much rent and utilities is going to be next payday. He will come around it was only his first paycheck.

redneckcharlie
    Be upfront and honest. Tell him exactly why your upset and then go from there. The worst thing you can do is pussy foot around the situation. Complete honesty, being fumed and all, will probably settle things rather quickly. It will probably help your friendship as well. Good luck.

Wet Dream
    Its easier and less confrontational to just let it slide, but the more you do that, the easier it is for him to continue doing this. All thats going to do is build up your frustration and make matters worse. You have to tell the guy how it is and to live up to his end of the bargain.

Mandelon
    Lay down the lay Boozer. Its either her or you. Mondo has to decide which one he loves more.

Big Warlock
    I have nothing good to say here.......

Boozer
    Lay down the lay Boozer. Its either her or you. Mondo has to decide which one he loves more.

ratso
    Bend over... Grab your ankles... and exhale...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast