Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a split foot throttle for twins?

mondorally
    We're re-doing the controls for the 27' (twin small blocks) and are considering this to replace the hand throttles:
    http://www.incontrolequipment.com/images/202FTR.jpg
    Anyone use one? Easy to use? How is it in the rough? Do you prefer hand throttles? Any comments are appreciated.
    Thanks
    Justin

SummitKarl
    We're re-doing the controls for the 27' (twin small blocks) and are considering this to replace the hand throttles:
    http://www.incontrolequipment.com/images/202FTR.jpg
    Anyone use one? Easy to use? How is it in the rough? Do you prefer hand throttles? Any comments are appreciated.
    Thanks
    Justin
    anything that frees up your hands to help control the boat is a good thing in my eyes. maybe it's just the CAR thing in me, but the foot controls the gas and the hand shifts the gears...just what makes me comfortable

BADBLOWN572
    I have driven a twin outboard cat with them and I did not like it what so ever. It seemed like it was very difficult to keep both engines at a certain RPM without rolling your foot one direction or the other. Additionally, I found that the throttle return springs were very stiff. Personally I will take a hand throttle any day over the split foot throttles. Just my .02

mondorally
    anything that frees up your hands to help control the boat is a good thing in my eyes. maybe it's just the CAR thing in me, but the foot controls the gas and the hand shifts the gears...just what makes me comfortable
    I've prefer foot throttles as well - but I was always driving single engine boats in the past. Not sure how this would work with twin engines.

OGShocker
    I put my trim tabs on that set up. I doesn't make me feel safer, but it freaks the fuk outta the passengers. :rollside:

mondorally
    I have driven a twin outboard cat with them and I did not like it what so ever. It seemed like it was very difficult to keep both engines at a certain RPM without rolling your foot one direction or the other. Additionally, I found that the throttle return springs were very stiff. Personally I will take a hand throttle any day over the split foot throttles. Just my .02
    Thanks for the input. Experiences are what I'm looking for.
    Justin

LUVNLIFE
    Shooting you a PM.

mondorally
    Shooting you a PM.
    Got it. Thanks!
    Justin

LakeTrash
    I tried the twin foot and found it to be worthless and a pain in the "foot". Connect both engines to a standard hotfoot. Works like a charm. This is the last one we did and it had all three connected together.
    http://airmasterstab.com/Wheelie-2.jpg
    LT

mondorally
    I tried the twin foot and found it to be worthless and a pain in the "foot". Connect both engines to a standard hotfoot. Works like a charm. This is the last one we did and it had all three connected together.
    http://airmasterstab.com/Wheelie-2.jpg
    LT
    Any problems starting the motors (first starts ok, by the time you get to the third its flooded, etc) when they're all hooked together? What about control around the docks?
    Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast