Thread: Pump Mods

guitarchaz
    So I Got My Pump Apart And Smoothed Out The The Casting Marks.
    I Have An Aftermarket Hand Hole Cover And Want To Fill It In And Completely Smooth It Out And Speedcoat The Inside, I Think Walt From Jet Pump Dynamics In Modesto Said Sea-goin Poxy Would Work. Just Wanted Some Opinions On This. Do You Guys Do This What Do You Use? Any Other Tricks While Its All Apart? Also Heard It Should Be Welded From Another Pump Guy Who Is Right?

craig moss
    I used the poxy pudy it works fine if you weld it the housing can wharp my boat runs 127 in 1000 foot good luck craig moss

I used the poxy pudy it works fine if you weld it the housing can wharp my boat runs 127 in 1000 foot good luck craig moss
    craig, thats fast, what kind of boat?
    chaz, sea goin putty will work. i used the black marine tex on a job a while back, I really like that stuff too.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Timinator did an article a few months ago and mentioned something about welding it. I would like to know more about this little trick as well. I plan on doing mine as well.....

Clockstart
    my boat runs 127 in 1000 foot That's haulin Craig. What is your ET for 1000 ft?
    Cs

guitarchaz
    Hey Thanks, I Wanted To Be Sure It Is Right In Front Of The Impeller.
    That Is Fast Any Other Tips?

Pops@Aggressor
    Hey Thanks, I Wanted To Be Sure It Is Right In Front Of The Impeller.
    That Is Fast Any Other Tips?Is Walt the same as Walts Boats!

guitarchaz
    Not Familiar With Walt's Boats But He Owned/ran Jet Pump Dynamics Now Closed Due To Some Health Issues. Very Nice Guy Full Of Jet Info And Very Helpfull And Willing To Share His Knowledge. By The Way I Have A New Aggressor 9-vain Bowl And
    It Looks Good. Do You Do Any Further Masaging On These? Or Are They Good To Go Out Of The Box? I See You Offer A Flow Cone On The Website Are They Available?

craig moss
    :devil: :devil: That's haulin Craig. What is your ET for 1000 ft?
    Cs it ran 6.5 somthing burning the pump it is a chyanne with a ervin capps dropped keel heavy lake hull with 2 seats we are shooting for a 7.90 in the quarterit is a 468 with pro top line heads 12.6 comp 14 71 and enderly bird on alk we just added a 1471 hh mini retro and a oddy cam so we will see I also found the packing was loose but it did not leak water I have never seen that happen have you have a good one craig

Heatseeker
    Not Familiar With Walt's Boats But He Owned/ran Jet Pump Dynamics Now Closed Due To Some Health Issues. Very Nice Guy Full Of Jet Info And Very Helpfull And Willing To Share His Knowledge. By The Way I ...
    Same guy. He used to run Walt's hot Boats out of Modesto here in Cali. After he closed up shop, he was working out of his home under the Jet Pump Dynamics name. Last I heard, he was headed to New Mexico to retire.