Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rhino oil

IT'SONLYMONEY
    hey guys yet another rhino question.
    what oil are you running.
    i've been told as long as you run the right weight of oil it doesn't matter. i have people running motor oil 10/30 and then i have people saying that the motor oil will cause the floating clutch to heat up slip and feeze. the guys that have been running the motor oil have had no problems at all. but you have the other guys saying that it is a wreck waiting to happen.
    any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated. going to change the oil for the first time and don't want any drama in the desert for new years.
    thanks
    chuck

djunkie
    Yamalube!!!!!!!! Its what comes in the rhino so you know it has to be ok for it. A little pricey but better than screwing something up with the wrong oil.

caroftheweek
    hey guys yet another rhino question.
    what oil are you running.
    i've been told as long as you run the right weight of oil it doesn't matter. i have people running motor oil 10/30 and then i have people saying that the motor oil will cause the floating clutch to heat up slip and feeze. the guys that have been running the motor oil have had no problems at all. but you have the other guys saying that it is a wreck waiting to happen.
    any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated. going to change the oil for the first time and don't want any drama in the desert for new years.
    thanks
    chuck
    I would hope everyone is running motor oil. Are you questioning synthetic vs. conventional?

Ivan Dan
    I would hope everyone is running motor oil. Are you questioning synthetic vs. conventional?
    Smarta$$
    I used Motul 4 stroke engine oil. I think if you are changing it on a regular basis it doesn't really matter what oil you use.

OCMerrill
    Smarta$$
    I used Motul 4 stroke engine oil. I think if you are changing it on a regular basis it doesn't really matter what oil you use.
    There you go. Motul is about the best of the best.

02HoWaRd26
    Just stay away from Synthetic and you will be golden!!! I use a stright 40 in the summer and 10-30 in the winter...

BigDoug
    What's wrong with useing synthetic ?

02HoWaRd26
    It tear's up the wet clutch. I am unsure the exact's but Have read alot on it in the past Yamaha even strongly suggest's against it...

BigDoug
    Thank you, i was inquireing for the use on our Arctic Cat is all ????

Beer-30
    I would run a full synthetic in any of them. Free up some HP (less friction) and help keep the clutch cool. Twice the endurance of regular. Out in the middle of the desert, 20 miles from camp at 115 degrees, I would want the best I could put in it.
    http://www.torcousa.com/ProductImage...stroke_pop.jpg
    Product Description
    T-4SR is a 100% synthetic oil designed for highly stressed 4-stroke racing engines. T-4SR is an MPZ® formula that offers the ultimate in viscosity control, anti-friction, anti-wear and improved power output. It is formulated to reduce engine temperatures and provide the highest degree of protection under the most severe temperature and load conditions. A selective additive system and polymer chemistry also provides anti-oxidation, anti-foam, anti-rust and consistent clutch engagement for motorcycles with integrated transmissions. T-4SR offers the best protection for engines running at consistently high RPM, high temperatures and under extreme loads or endurance type conditions.
    Features & Benefits
    - 100% advanced synthetic technology
    - MPZ® frictional loss technology
    - Protects under the most severe temperatures
    - Provides smooth, positive clutch activation
    - Highest anti-wear and deposit free performance
    Typical Uses
    Recommended for use in racing or modified air cooled or liquid cooled 4-cycle engines. Highly recommended for high endurance or severe temperature applications.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast