Thread: is blow thru legal for boat under hatch?

badbug
    on an inboard outboard where the engine is completely covered up , is it coast guard approved to run a blow thru carb without having it in a sealed box? Seems it would be safer in a boat than in a car with super hot headers. At least the boat has water jacketed exhausts. Whats the deal?

BOOGEYMAN
    What set up are you looking at with a blow through and water jacked headers? The only headers I know of are the cmi ones and are around 6k for a set. Dont see why a blow through would not be legal......the carb hat will keep and backfire contained if you should happen to have one.
    Travis

badbug
    ordered new gentry water jacketed turbine housings with the electronic waste gate controllers, two garrett 42-94 turbos, and a set of aluminum water jacketed race aero turbo exhausts. Ive run these before with twin draw thru carburetors and now since the blow thru carburetors seem to be the new deal without all the efi expense and tuning time involved, i'll try the blow thru. It is such a simple setup. Even simpler than a blower. C and
    S billet aerosol carburetors promises me my money back on their carburetor if im not satisfied with the performance. With the large volumn of fuel being atomized thru the one carburetor, the need for an intercooler is not required if boost is kept to reasonable level. e-85 should make even more power and i might go that way after i check the availability of that fuel around here.

BOOGEYMAN
    Damn man post some pics of your set up in the process!! Did you buy your carb from Roger? I have ran a blow through set up before and it worked killer!!
    Travis

badbug
    will post pics when the turbos and jacketed housings arrive.

05schiada
    badbug I'm sure you got the exhaust housings from Carson, what about the wastegate controllers to work with the Gentry housings. Just curious to know I've been having problems with my wastegates on my turbo setup.
    thanks
    Steve

badbug
    carson has the new style waste gate actuators that he says work really well, but they are far from cheap. I got mine from him also.l.

05schiada
    Nothing from Carson is cheap, But if there was anything better for marine application he would know about it. Post some photos of th e parts when you get them