Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these BBC Crane Stud Girdles??

BlueNun
    I found these on Craigslist. I can't tell if they are Crane BBC or not. The ones I have seen look way different. Also I called him 2 weeks ago and he never called me back. And they were $40 last week. The clamps dont look staggered enough to me???

Fiat48
    Probably Morosso...aka Jomar. There are better out there. The U bolts are known to strip out.
    Webster makes a gridle that fits right. Most others don't.

GofastRacer
    Those are the worst POS there is, and they are Jomar and not worth $.02 not tried all of them but so far I found Websters to be tops!...

Fiat48
    When Morg did his motor over here....he had a Webster. I figured it to be like all the others....tweak and grind on and make fit. But his dropped right on. I've seen no other girdle do that. Crane, Crower,Brodix (even tho ordered for a particular head) and Canfield...which were totally wrong.

Moneypitt
    I used some Jomars on my hyd cammed jet engine. They were on the shelve and I figured I needed the room, so I put them in the motor. For many years we used Jomar in the PS motor. What a royal pain in the ass....Always replacing the nyloc nuts to preserve the u bolt threads a little longer........Now with a good set, set em' and forget em'........
    I would say they are better than nothing for a low maintainence valvetrain, but $40., I don't know.......Save your milk money and buy a good set, NEW...MP

steelcomp
    When Morg did his motor over here....he had a Webster. I figured it to be like all the others....tweak and grind on and make fit. But his dropped right on. I've seen no other girdle do that. Crane, Crower,Brodix (even tho ordered for a particular head) and Canfield...which were totally wrong.Freekin Canfields...that was the BIGGEST joke. I bought my first girdle for the Can. heads from Comp Products. Thought they sent me some generic one-part-fits-all girdle, so I called Canfield. Asked for "their" girdle. They sent me the SAME POS PART!!!:devil:

Jomar/Morso. Cranes is a 5 pice setup. Works good.

hellman2u
    Hi Scott , What were the red ones you put on the Bahner , They are just like the Cranes but I haven't seen them red before ? Jim

sanger rat
    Comp Cams stud girdle fit great on my RHS heads.

Heatseeker
    The set of Dart girdles bolted right up to the Dart heads on my junk w/o any mods.
    As has been mentioned above, don't waste your scratch on the Jomars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast