Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Insurance company won't total car...what to do.

pw_Tony
    With most insurance companies by law I'm not even allowed to recommend a body shop. With some insured's I can point them to a drp but they don't have to take it there

Cole Trickle
    As I stated be before, you are misinformed with regard to CA and some insurance companies directing repairs to specific repair shops. I have 25 years in the auto claims business in CA and I'm well versed on the law in this regard.
    Again, who's tune are you running?
    HP tuners done by my buddy Rich

redneckcharlie
    They start at about 1500 each, the newer side impact are even more. Several extra thousand in replacing them will make a diffrence on rather or not they are totaled out.
    I'm curious. How many cars have you written estimates for, or done collision repairs on? I've repaired hundreds of cars, and I replaced air bags routinely. Air bags are not that big of a deal.

NOTALENT

FYI....I ran the GTO at Irwindale last thursday
    7.89 @86.6 1/8 ET
    1.69 60'
    Pretty happy with the number since all the charts put it at a 12.2-12.4 in the 1/4 :idea:
    YOU FOCKER!!! I knew that was you!!! I saw you running it and you kept driving by us while we were @ the grandstands haha...
    I knew I should have called you to see!!! I will be running my R6 there next thursday :devil: Looking for my new race car now

Cole Trickle
    YOU FOCKER!!! I knew that was you!!! I saw you running it and you kept driving by us while we were @ the grandstands haha...
    I knew I should have called you to see!!! I will be running my R6 there next thursday :devil: Looking for my new race car now
    funny....Did you see me redlight that big red diesel machine...lol
    That thing has to be the slowest full built truck I have ever seen:devil:
    I had a couple good races with the yellow goat
    I almost forgot on my first race a GTO swerved completely into my lane. Luckily I killed him out of the hole or he would have T-Boned me

ULTRA26 # 1
    I'm curious. How many cars have you written estimates for, or done collision repairs on? I've repaired hundreds of cars, and I replaced air bags routinely. Air bags are not that big of a deal.
    As we have. Air bags are nothing serious.
    Charlie. Do insurance companies have DRP's in NM?

YeLLowBoaT
    As I stated be before, you are misinformed with regard to CA and some insurance companies directing repairs to specific repair shops. I have 25 years in the auto claims business in CA and I'm well versed on the law in this regard.
    Again, who's tune are you running?
    Funny the CA insurance commision and the Insurance code says other wise...
    Autobody bill of rights... seems you need some more training. (http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0100-con...ghts_Reduced_S ize.pdf)

YeLLowBoaT
    none, but being hit 16 times in 29 months and having to SUE 2 ins companys and one private party... I got a very good feel for both auto body and insurance industry. As well as learned the laws that govern them.

BajaT
    Yellowboat,
    If I caused the damage to your vehicle, my insurance company cannot tell you where you have to go. They can recommend somewhere, but they cannot make you go somewhere.
    My vehicle may have to be repaired at the shop my insurance company recommends if it is written in the policy that I will use my insurance company's preffered shop, or I could have to pay a % of the repair, based on policy language.
    You are correct that an innocent 3rd party cannot be told where he must have his vehicle repaired by the liable party's carrier.

NOTALENT
    funny....Did you see me redlight that big red diesel machine...lol
    That thing has to be the slowest full built truck I have ever seen:devil:
    I had a couple good races with the yellow goat
    I almost forgot on my first race a GTO swerved completely into my lane. Luckily I killed him out of the hole or he would have T-Boned me
    The one with the dual nos tanks hooked up and the stinger exhaust coming out of the bed?? I only caught 2 of your races torwards the end. Was busy with there marketing guy. That would have sucked if you got Tboned!! There were a few morons there cutting off the inside lane racers to make the first turn off....almost saw a few accidents!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast