Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HULL, PUMP ,TRAILER????

If anyone has any info about a 18-21' jet boat (any cond.) for sale, a friend is looking for a project with those spec.s
    He's pretty open to different boat models, just wants to get wet!!
    The older, dirtier,a and more torn-up the boat is the better!! thanks Todd

dgie
    Take it from me if he is looking for those requirements, he will not be getting wet for awhile. I bought a boat as a project boat and ended up replacing a transom, rebuilding a jet pump, and getting a new rebuilt motor. You will come out way ahead getting a boat that is turn key. When I say turn key, make sure you get in the boat, turn the key, and takeoff. Project boats can get very expensive. I like my boat a lot, in Texas there are not a lot of choices on jet boats so you get whats available, supply and demand issues. I am not sure where "Roland Heights" is but If you live in California, you have many more options. Buying a boat that is already running good will keep him busy enough.

well dg, my friend knows what he wants in these req. and is not going to settle for a complete pile of shit, but wants to get into something, i think that will occupy some of his time spent in the garage!! im sure that we all can kinda in some way or another agree with what he is trying to obtain!
    we have been looking for a while and seem to come up with shit!!! i just fig. with so many connect's in this forum, maybe someone would be able to "help a brutha out" so,...if anything is for sale , "POST-IT"!
    thanks again Todd

BiggusJimbus
    That 18' Eliminator sans motor sure seems like the ticket. That way, he gets a solid boat and gets to build up a kick ass motor. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.
    But, maybe that's just me.

dgie
    I am not trying to deter anyone from anything....its just my 2 cents thats all

Tee
    Todd,
    I have a 78 Crusader 18' Tunnel V with trailer and Berkley pump that sounds pretty much like exactly what you are looking for.
    I tried sending you some pics but it came back as "undeliverable" to your e-mail? You can see one of it here http://www.justanothertoy.com/troy.htm
    Let me know what your budy thinks.
    Tee
    [ July 24, 2003, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Tee ]

SoCal Power
    I have a 1982 California Performance 19' bare hull w/tanks, intake and T/A for sale for $4000.00 (I'm keeping the trailer) Here's a pic.........
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/196side.jpg[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]
    I also have enough parts to build a pump if interested.

Bense468
    He should have bought my boat.

thanks guys , for all the response but hes looking for something more along the lines of a 19-21, 18 is a bit small for his family. narrowing it down daily, again thanks for the info!!!todd

HotHallet
    So Cal- Not be a dick but no motor, no interior, & no trailer for $4K? I know it's a CP but this price seems kind of steep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast