Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Drivers license to buy gas poll...

Enforce the border laws in place. Problem over on incoming.
    Require employers to hire US citizens or immigrants that are here legally.
    Problem over on existing (no work they will leave)
    The few that remain and cause problems get deported.
    Anchor babies, sorry no deal. Immigrate legally or go home within 6 mo.
    No one here will do that work. Bullshit. Not for pennies on the dollar like illegals but it will get done at higher cost. When considering all the free shit the illegals now get the US will save money doing this. We are now ALL paying for the free shit.
    That's my answer. The fuel deal is a weak bandaid imo and will not fix the problem only create more probably.
    Bottom line is we need to elect some people with some balls to do the right thing and protect our country. Mexico will overrun the US if this is not fixed. Not to mention the terrorist threat from having open borders.
    Take a look. Watch it all. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68265&q=number)

Ryphraph
    We could corner the market on high security, locking gas caps if we get started TODAY!!!
    But then all the gas tanks would just get punc'ed underneath to drain into a 2 liter Mtn Dew bottle...
    Ryph

Moneypitt
    Ah, where are your PAPERS??.........Sounds like big brother at his worst. Now you're asking "Habibb" the towel head on the corner, to enforce our immigration laws??..Lets add the station attendants to the long list of people that refuse to question immigration status daily. Heathcare workers, Educational institutes, local police and Sherriffs agencies, banks, landlords, realestate agents............And on and on............The Ca DMV requires proof of insurance to register a vehicle.......An Oxnard insurance company issues insurance to un licensed drivers.......See a pattern here?.........This proposal reflects a future where the government knows exactly where everyone is at all times. A central data base? And who runs the data base?......1984, thought crimes, and doom are close to follow. Enforce our existing laws, as they were meant to be enforced, end of story, end of problem.........OR BETTER YET....Lets require government issued ID to buy FOOD!!!!!...Oh wait, Nazi Germany did that in the late 30s.......Papers, please.......Are YOUR papers in order?...........Really dumb idea............MP

uvindex
    Just becomes another inconvienence to the average american, while the illegals will find a way around it, and some scumbag will begin selling fuel with no-id check at a premium cost.yI came in here to say essentially the same thing.
    Reminds me of how I have to show my driver's license to BUY COLD MEDICINE FOR MY KIDS because worthless criminal tweakers figured out they could use the ingredients to manufacture meth. Fortunately, I don't buy cold medicine that often. I buy gas a lot, however, and expect to continue to do so for many years to come and would not welcome this inconvenience (not to mention invasion of privacy).
    I vote no for Senator Froggy's measure.

Froggystyle
    Well, a couple of things are clear to me from this poll and the other thread...
    There are problem solvers... people willing to create some personal headache and sacrifice for themselves in order to solve problems...
    And there are pessimists who are so scared of a change to their routine that they run from every opportunity to enact this sort of a change.
    Now, how many people who voted no are against the Patriot Act?

Froggystyle
    BTW, on a quick re-thought here... it wouldn't have to be trackable per-se. Much like phone records or otherwise, it would take a court order to find out the location information of a given drivers license number. (The same court order FYI that likely would be the one shutting off the fuel FYI)
    I would personally like to see people who aren't supposed to be driving off the road. If you are supposed to be driving, but have had your license suspended for a failure to appear or something like that, you now have a reason to prioritize that.

catman-do
    While i do think it is a minor fix, and there would be many ways around it. I think that if we do a bunch of these types of laws then it will make it sooo unattractive for illegals to come here, that they will just stop coming. Either that, or I will make a TON of money when i open up my underground gas station!

Froggystyle
    Reminds me of how I have to show my driver's license to BUY COLD MEDICINE FOR MY KIDS because worthless criminal tweakers figured out they could use the ingredients to manufacture meth. Fortunately, I don't buy cold medicine that often. I buy gas a lot, however, and expect to continue to do so for many years to come and would not welcome this inconvenience (not to mention invasion of privacy).
    Wow.
    Sounds like not only a great way to solve a huge problem and regulate the sale of narcotics to drug manufacturers, but it sounds like the law has protecting YOUR kids in mind.
    With no additional enforcement, they just took a huge, easy ingredient for meth off the street, and you aren't willing to show your ID for that?
    Thanks for the help on the war on drugs...

RiverToysJas
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin (01/17/1706 – 04/17/1790) American inventor, journalist, printer, diplomat, and statesman.
    RTJas

Seadog
    I like the idea. It would take a while to implement and would face challenges from the extreme left and right. It will also boil down to the old argument of a national ID card to do it right. Replace the existing driver's license, SSAN card and a few others with one national card, issued by the states. Have a permanent federal sector and a state sector that can be modified with encryption devices that cannot be duplicated and each with its own encoding mark.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast