Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Drivers license to buy gas poll...

Jbb
    World's Greatest Fake ID Racing??? :jawdrop:
    Would the Trident ID be infused and vacuum bagged as well??? :idea:
    With the revolutionary dual magnetic strips...

RiverToysJas
    ..... I also don't want our government following me from city to city, state to state as I purchase gas... and yes I've heard it all, if they want to find you they will.. sure they will, but why would I put a spot beam on my head? And if I don't want anyone to know where I've been, I pay cash. Period!
    Nicely played Dave!!! Very good point......is it too late to change my vote? :idea:
    RTJas

DAB
    Nicely played Dave!!! Very good point......is it too late to change my vote? :idea:
    RTJas Thanks Jason... while I like it in theory we're talking decades of fighting while nothing gets done.. It would make for good rhetoric for the 08 election, it would be just that... enough to spark some votes and conversation and then pushed aside as unfeasible, unmanageable, another goverment agency and were trying to reduce government, etc..etc..

Cheap Thrills

Froggystyle
    And it essentially would be put on hold for the next decade while it went through every court system in the country, all the while nothing is done to address the border problem, no wall, no increase in personell , etc..etc..
    And, in ten years we would have a great system in place. Look at the bright side...
    I disagree strongly, I don't want illegals on road.. I also don't want our government following me from city to city, state to state as I purchase gas... and yes I've heard it all, if they want to find you they will.. sure they will, but why would I put a spot beam on my head? And if I don't want anyone to know where I've been, I pay cash. Period!
    Fair. You would trade the security of all drivers on the road for imaginary privacy. No problem here. Be sure to take the battery out of your cell phone too, and bring plenty of foil for all of the hats you will need...
    So then some poor parent buys his kid gas for the mower, kid's walking down the street with 2 gallons of gas and someone offers the kid $40.00 for his gas and he doesn't have to mow anything? Next thing you know, parents are brought up on aiding the illegal plight by selling gasoline (purchased via their card) and are doing 10-20?
    Teach your kids. Don't walk down the street with gas. Have some common sense, and let them know what it means by breaking the law in such a manner, and the risk they will put everyone at by doing so.
    I don't think they would enforce this law any more stringently than say, alcohol to minors... but one can hope I guess.
    While it all sounds great in theory as stated many times the black market that would be created would be crippling
    Not to me. In the worst case scenario of the black market, people are able to buy fake ID's and buy gas. They do that now for anyway. How much more crippling than throngs of illegal drivers on the roadways, uninsured motorist insurance, uninsured patient surcharges etc... would it be?
    Bureaucracy would be removed in a net-sum outlook on it, not added.

Froggystyle
    clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ)
    T.
    I went around that method...

DAB
    And, in ten years we would have a great system in place. Look at the bright side... Maybe...
    Fair. You would trade the security of all drivers on the road for imaginary privacy. No problem here. Be sure to take the battery out of your cell phone too, and bring plenty of foil for all of the hats you will need... You forget what I do for a living don't you? I know better than that, when I want to be in two places at once, my wife takes the phone and text's herself from me of course..
    Teach your kids. Don't walk down the street with gas. Have some common sense, and let them know what it means by breaking the law in such a manner, and the risk they will put everyone at by doing so. I thought they were mowing the lawn.. and we all know that kids at any age listen to everything they're parents tell them, don't speed, be home on time, do your homework, do your chores, etc..etc.. and before you chime in, ask anyone that knows me and they will all tell you that my girls are as good as they come, not perfect but they know the rules.. just in case you were wondering 2 Biology Majors, oldest one just applied to Dental school..
    I don't think they would enforce this law any more stringently than say, alcohol to minors... but one can hope I guess. You would hope so, but you never know..
    Not to me. In the worst case scenario of the black market, people are able to buy fake ID's and buy gas. They do that now for anyway. How much more crippling than throngs of illegal drivers on the roadways, uninsured motorist insurance, uninsured patient surcharges etc... would it be?
    That's really your worst case scenario? When was the last time someone broke into your house or held you up for gas? That's some shit on want to see on Cop's.. Trust me, I am currently no fan of the premiums I pay on both my medical and auto insurance but honestly Wes I just don't see this doing it, next thing I know my medical and auto premiums will go up because there's an increase in the violent Auto-Jackings taking place because the illegals can't buy gas..
    Bureaucracy would be removed in a net-sum outlook on it, not added. One could only hope...
    BTW, just as a final thought.. If I were an illegal and heard anything like this in the media, I'd convert my car to Bio-Diesel (they can get the oil from the restaurants they work at) if I had a diesel or I'd convert my card to ethanol and start ferminting shit so that I could have enough fuel stored away...

RitcheyRch
    Voted yes although dont think will ever happen since would be too difficult to enforce.

Racey
    Just becomes another inconvienence to the average american, while the illegals will find a way around it, and some scumbag will begin selling fuel with no-id check at a premium cost.
    We need to start enforcing laws that are already on the books, get rid of birth right citizenship, and start fully documenting (DNA, Fingerprints, Multiple Photographs, and other information) and sending these fawks back at every chance possible, basically get the f'n INS to start doing it's job properly, then have harsh punishments for repeat border crossers.
    IMO just one more step towards Orwell's 1984, there is no freedom without anonymity

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast