Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Boat advice

kylesbds
    I have a chance to get a '79 Bahner jet boat for a smokin deal but Ive never had a jet before. I've just always had whackers so I don't know much about them. It has a 454 chevy that has one dead cylinder and a Berkley pump but it doesn't have a place diverter or jetovater. Interior is ok no rips, gelcoat is decent could just use a wet sand. The boat is all original nothing has ever been messed with. It just needs a lot of tlc so I'm thinkin this could be my winter project, I want to try rebuilding this motor myself(my first time). The guy is willing to part ways with it for $1200. Just looking for any advice from those who know about jetboats. Thanks

Sounds like a deal to me..

CP Dad
    Check the hull for stress cracks real well and take a peek at the trailer for cracks. Tandem or single? Full length stringers? Motor might just have a bad valve or something. Sounds like a good deal to me. Even if you spend 1500 going through the motor, that would still be a good deal for a good running jet. Just my opinion, but I'd jump on it.

kylesbds
    Tandem axle trailer no cracks that i saw but it definitly needs paint, bunks, and wiring. Boat is full length stringers I'll try to get a pic. And can you add a place diverter to any berk jet?

Jetaholic
    Tandem axle trailer no cracks that i saw but it definitly needs paint, bunks, and wiring. Boat is full length stringers I'll try to get a pic. And can you add a place diverter to any berk jet?
    Yes you can.
    BTW your sig pic kicks ass

jet4fun
    as long as its not an olds... you're good

Jetaholic
    as long as its not an olds... you're good
    Out of curiosity...what is your engine of preference?

jet4fun
    subaru

Heatseeker
    Sounds to me that you've found a pretty fair deal, providing that the hull is sound. I've heard lots of stories regarding Bahners. Most are great hulls, but some have had serious issues staying together. You may want to find someone with experience with these hulls take a look at it first.

Bahners are Great boats IMO My personal Fav of all the hulls I've owned was My 85', basically the same (setup as the one your looking at ) Tom
    BTW I've always found this note from the MIC web site curious...(BAHNER KICKED OUT OF BOAT SHOW 02/88 heres the link http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...h_results.aspx
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...of100_3983.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast