Thread: Hardin Logs Plumbing ?

sidewound
    Hey Everybody.
    I put hardin logs on my motor this year and the water inlet for the snails is on the bottom of the snail. This is a clearance problem.
    Does anybody know if I can use the holes on the side of the risers for water entry. They are up high. Will this cause any problems for cooling the exhaust? Thanks for any help.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

malcolm
    You mean the ones with the core plugs in 'em?

sidewound
    Hey Malcom,
    I don't know about core plugs. Their is a fitting on the bottom with a nipple for the exit water and another hole with an allen head plug on the bottom also. Then in the sides of the risers their is plugs on both sides. I'll try postin a pic. Thanks.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

sidewound
    I'm wondering if the plugs on the side can be used for the exit water. Thanks.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114moto_001-med.jpg[/img]
    Peace Man
    CESAR

malcolm
    Oh, I get it. Yours have screw in plugs there, mine have little brass freeze plugs. Mine are plumbed like your pic. They are very close to the stringers, yours hit huh? Have you taken the plug out and got a look inside there? It probably wouldn't cool as good. I guess the only real worry would be if it would cause the snail to crack from heat or something.

HOOTER SLED-
    I wouldn't run it through those holes. You want water to run from one end of the riser to another. This would probably only cool the back end of the riser. I had a clearance problem with mine too. I don't know if your clearance issue is the same as mine. There are two holes on the bottom of the riser. My elbows were mounted in the ones closest to the log. The problem was the back hole stuck out past elbow. It also stuck out below the level of the flange where you mount it to the log. This part was hitting my stringer. I found risers that were flush with the bottom and was able to get them mounted. The bottom of your risers looks like they just angle straight up. Mine curve up like an "S" and the back hole sit higher. Did that make sense?? Good luck man. If you are having the same problem. There are risers that don't protrude as much at the bottom.
    I know your pain, now get that damn thing on the water!
    HOOTER