Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dear ***boat (adminstrator)

New forum rules would probably be a better way to go about this considering the close group of people that are on this board. Just my .02
    I agree that a different approach would have been better, laying out the new rules first and then enforcing accordingly. And possibly telling the moderators. But what the hell do I know.
    The forum is kind of like a big family (albeit a dysfunctional one) and some members were hit today that I strongly feel was unwarranted. Communication normally works better than a hammer in most situations. So I've heard.
    Additionally many of the banned ones just re-registered. So probably more problems were created today than solved. Just my opinion.
    You are not kidding. Throughly focked this community up big time and made all the mods look like fools. If I were a mod here (and I have been one elsewhere) and I just read that I would freaking explode.
    We love the time we spend under the bus.

Charley
    Please don't ban Yo Pengo.... he is my favorite penguin esque character on HB.com

asch
    Not having read through this situation entirely nor having all the facts, I would venture to say that the new ownership is not interested in the debauchery that often graces these pages. As such, image is going to be paramount with ***boat. Probably trying to appeal to more of a wider, family-friendly demographic.
    Part of me believes they have every right to do so and today simply demonstrates their seriousness. Business image is often the reverse thinking of the way things "ought to be" and what goes on here apparently is not in HB's best new image interest. For the handful of people that have been banned today, there might be twice as many new people that might become members and/or subscribers simply because of a cleaner image.
    Part of me also sees this website as a longstanding, close knit community helping each other out. Even though I've only been here little more than a year, contribute very little, I do see the positive things.
    Prediction: The banning will continue until image and or morale improves.

pancho
    wouldn`t a simple post stating we now own hot boat and do not like the tone lately,a simple warning is now in effect,please be aware of what you post and ask yourself would this offend or bother someone if youre answer is yes please refrain,there will be a very short probationary period

pancho
    sorry,my brain got ahead of my fingers,you know what i mean

OCMerrill
    I agree that a different approach would have been better, laying out the new rules first and then enforcing accordingly. And possibly telling the moderators. But what the hell do I know.
    The forum is kind of like a big family (albeit a dysfunctional one) and some members were hit today that I strongly feel was unwarranted. Communication normally works better than a hammer in most situations. So I've heard.
    Additionally many of the banned ones just re-registered. So probably more problems were created today than solved. Just my opinion.
    We love the time we spend under the bus.
    Bashing the volunteers is just ridicules. Thrown straight back under the bus. :sqeyes:

Rvr Swpr
    The call out thread(Daniel) could have been the final thread that brought this on. Good drama at the grocery chk out,but really was over the top in the class dept.

That was extremely well thought out and written. Please pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
    Jeez, how far up the new ownership's ass(es) do you intend to shove your nose?????(I've also read many of your other posts on the subject)
    I highly doubt that eliminating a few people will suddenly draw in "new blood" that was afraid to join previously. I'm reminded of some dimwit business owner who posted here a few years ago about how he would routinely fire his best employee(and I'm not saying those that were banned were the "best" members) just to keep the others on their best behavior. All it really accomplishes is showing people how little business sense they really have. They will lose a whole lot of the people, like myself, who rarely post/read here in the sandbar, but who think that the heavyhanded behavior demonstrated today makes this anything BUT a positive place to continue reading or posting. Just a reminder, the Sandbar was created as an "open topic" forum.
    An intelligent "businesslike" approach would have involved a well thought out post by the new owners detailing the changes they had planned, what would or would not be acceptable and letting people decide for themselves whether they would stay or go. Would not have created anywhere near the animosity.

Magic34
    I am all for cleaning it up. I just hope that it stays as active as it was before all of this.
    When activity drops on a site, members start to fade away regardless if they are appreciated members or not. There are some people that I know who have been banned and they are good guys. Dont understad the rhyme or reason other than deleting threads about mfg bashing.
    To me, it makes clear sense to do this as advertisers for the magazine would pull their $$ if they were bashed on the site. I know as a business owner and I advertised in a magazine, if I was getting bashed on the mags forums, I would want a stop to it or I would pull any funds I had going to the publication. This makes sense to me.

Magic34
    The call out thread(Daniel) could have been the final thread that brought this on. Good drama at the grocery chk out,but really was over the top in the class dept.
    I agree. We all like a good read, but that thread was a joke. I cant belienve those people had made it this far through life. I am all for a site without that stuff. Just wish some of the good people I have met here were still around.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast