Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was your worst day??

n8dawg
    Describe your worst day on the river or lake for us all to read before this season starts. Where, when, and what happened? :cry:

GUGS102
    Last Memorial day Roosevelt Lake, AZ
    I've been boating there my whole life, I've seen the nasitest storms that lake has etc.
    Coming back into camp, storm came in and started to produce 4-6 foot swells, three little 19' boats, diverters all up trying to keep the tip up. quarter mile from camp, down into the swell, next one crashes over the bow. Knocks my 2 passengers out of their seats, the two foot wave travels over the deck and straight into the motor. With no power, 14" of freeboard and the swells getting bigger, I thought we were going to swim. Got towed to the downwind side of an island and waited for the worst of it to pass. Pulled the plugs, cleaned the motor out and fired it right back up and drove it in. Drank a lot that night.
    The storm sunk three boats and capsized two that afternoon
    No fun!

I just bought my first boat and its a jet so I take it out and plowed water like crazy. Finally got it up on plane and everything is Ok until later in the day I had to take (or leave) a shit , get back in it and it goes out about 50 feet and dies , turn the key and the starter wont go . Luckily for me my buddy swims like 300 feet of really cold water and then hikes the hills for 20 minutes just to get on his jet ski and tow me back in.
    As it turns out some of the intake manifold bolts were barely finger tight and I had a bad starter connection. Now that I think about it , maybe it was my friends worst day. Anyhoo it sucked .
    -beerjet-

Wicked Performance Boats
    It was CB03 and we were all cruising down to the Sandbar. Everybody was going too slow around the rock bars. I know that area of the river really well. So I jumped out front and made a fast pass, then cruised a while, thinking there was a little more water in the boat than usual. THEN I made another pass in front of my buddy's house. As I was slowing, Julie , my wife says, " there's a wall of water coming in the boat!" I looked back and saw a large hole in the transom! I thought, OH SHIT!!! I didn't want to sink my boat, so I turned toward a rock bar near the shore, and yelled " hold on " I waited till I was real close to the rock bar and stabbed the throttle. To my surprise, the boat popped on top the rock bar! The San Bernadino boatcop was nearby and came over, and asked me how much I had to drink. I said none. He said, then why did you run aground? To save my boat, it was sinking I said! Julie asked him for a ride to our truck and trailer and he said he couldn't do that. She said, well get out of here then! All the guys and a couple of the girls stopped in their boats and helped salvage the boat before the water came back up. It really sucked BUT we made some good friends. Thanks again everybody. Budlight& Mrs. Wicked

TahitiVC
    Well we had just had the boat about a month or so last summer. Took the wife and kids out to a local resevoir in early september to cruise around and have lunch. I was going to teach the wife how to drive after lunch and pushed away from the beach. Got out into the middle of the lake and the thing just dies. She says "its a good thing I wasn't driving or you would blame me". The resevoir was pretty empty and my 5 year old son starts getting nervous. Then he starts in with "Were going to die out here". Worst part is the only guy on the lake that stopped was a jet ski. Towed us in. Got home figure out the rear float had a whole in it and the motor was flooding out. Problem solved.

IMPATIENT 1
    so its late in the day(i'm drunk) and me,my wife and a buddy decided to take one last cruise around the back side of our local lake when it comes time for a piss break.i don't like this side of the lake because it gets real choppy(@3-4ft.rollers) but the wife wants a bathroom to use so i beach it at the closet one.she's gone 20min. and the rollers are so bad now we turn it to face the rollers to not to sink her.wife makes it back and i try to lite it up,no go.out with the paddles,to no effect,and the boat is taking major rollers over the bow now.call the marina for help,be there in 30 they say.40 minutes later we're bailing as fast as we can,bilge pumps whirring.a rental pontoon shows up and drags me at @5mph to the ramp where my boat has half the hull submerge inside and out.marina wants gas money for the tow,i get pissed(i've towed this shitty pontoon in at least 3times prior to this at no charge to them or the customer),cut their tow line loose and paddle the additional 30yards outta spite(didn't pay shiat!).back my truck down the ramp into the water up to the cab to get under the boat,got ticket on the way home for no taillamps.i should be a commercial:
    water seperator: 45.00
    taillamp ticket: 50.00
    rear end grease and gasket for truck: 30.00
    new floor,stringers in boat: 250.oo parts @20hrs labor
    my 78 taylor to me : priceless

wright27
    On mud hole lake buena vista. This was in a friends boat. I was wakeboarding and dislocated my shoulder. Had my girl and my buddies pulling to try and get it back in (this was the 8th time I dislocated it in a one year time frame). Could not get it back in. Went back to shore had to put my boat on the trailer and drive 2 hrs back home. Dropped of boat, went the hospital. After alot of demeral and morphine 9 hours later and three hospitals, my shoulder was back in. They gave me so much pain medication, this happened on sunday and don't remember shit till thursday. Not really a boat thing, but true story and it sucked.

garret
    Every Sunday when I have to go home from the river and go back to work!!!!!!!!!

RCB19
    Never had a bad day at the river.

El Prosecutor
    Went out to Ming one day and the jet had really lost power. Wouldn't get up on plane. Engine started to overheat. Bad. :220v: Had to pack it in, and when I got home and opened up the hand hole cover I saw aluminum slivers around the edge of the suction side of the impeller. I did not know at the time what this meant, but knew it must be really bad. :skull: Even having been stranded a couple other times with starting (coil / battery) problems, this was the only time I truly felt discouraged. I think it was because at the time I didn't know if it could be fixed. It was about the feeling of finding your best dog run over in the street. Fortunately, with lots of help from y'all she has made a full recovery.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast