Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new toy

cobalt222
    glad to see this back up.i have got another project this winter and have it completed.one more prop change and should see 100 mph or more.1998 21 ft liberator w/ a 509 525 hp and bravo 1 w/ 28p 4 blade hydromotive prop.i have been told the boat wouldnt run very good because the prop center line is 3 inchs below the hull.i must have done something right.its hits 92 mph at 5200 rpm and gets there fast.i can cruise at 80 all day long.hope u like it.

Big Clif
    Looks good. Have you tried a Bravo 1 prop on that hull? Did Dave Adams do the setup or you?

cobalt222
    yes i tried a bravo 26 4 blade.ran great but only 85 mph and to much rpm.i got the boat from a friend here in texas.it was an out board boat.they made a 1/4 inch steel plate and cut the center of the trans out bolted it in.i had to put it all togeather this winter.had to lower the motor 4 inchs.looked ugly up so high in the boat.i wonted more of a lake boat then a race one.i need to put power theering on the hyd steering only dosnt wont to turn very good in tight places.over all i think it turned out very good.goes fast and rides real good.its like a rocket and can cruise at 80 at 4000 rpm all day long.make the $100.000 + boats pissed.but they have more comfort.i cant afford.thanks for ur comment...mike

cobalt222
    raer set up pic

Big Clif
    I still think that setup would run alot better with a B1 prop. Try a labbed 30 or 28.
    What lakes do you run on? I'm from TX also.

cobalt222
    I Live On Cedar Creek Lake.not Many Smaller Boats Anymore.every Body Is Making Too Muck Money And Buying Bigger Toys.i Got Rid Of A 22 Ft Cobalt For This Boat.got Tired Of Climbing In And Out.i Had This 509 In It Also.ran 78.where U Lake At

cobalt 222
    just to let u no i hit 104 mph this weekend running another liberator w/ an out board,i leaned the carb a little that morning and it realy hooked up.i blew a water pickup hose and fried the sea pump and blew some oil out of the dip stick.other then that it was a fast hairy ride

Big Clif
    just to let u no i hit 104 mph this weekend running another liberator w/ an out board,i leaned the carb a little that morning and it realy hooked up.i blew a water pickup hose and fried the sea pump and blew some oil out of the dip stick.other then that it was a fast hairy ride
    Good speed! I did the same thing at a poker run last week, but it was after the oil cooler/water pump. I stuck a 27mm socket in the hose and clamped it down and went to the ramp.
    I usually go to Lake Granbury, Eagle Mountain, Brazos River, or Lake Travis. Bring that thing to Plowmans this year. First weekend in Oct.

cobalt 222
    i plan on plowmans this year.i have been there a lot but not with a boat.if it is still running and i have a job i will be there if gas isnt $10 a gal

Big Clif
    i plan on plowmans this year.i have been there a lot but not with a boat.if it is still running and i have a job i will be there if gas isnt $10 a gal
    Cool. How is ceder creek? Any beach area?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast