Thread: oldsmobile help??

capt.murph
    Looking for the oldsmobile forums website. Cant remeber and getting ready to start rebuilding my 455 olds.Ive got the write up story form htbt about rebuilng the olds 455 but still like more info.ALSO anyone know which heads would be better 2Aor E style.Thanks for any help.

73sleekraft
    are you thinking of realoldspower.com?
    that site seems to work on and off, and the pages load so slow....
    As far as heads go, get the large valve K or C code. Here is a link with all the info you need. Check craigslist or ebay, thats where i located my C's.
    http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofhed.htm
    check out www.mondellotwister.com too

Midlake Crisis
    Looking for the oldsmobile forums website. Cant remeber and getting ready to start rebuilding my 455 olds.Ive got the write up story form htbt about rebuilng the olds 455 but still like more info.ALSO anyone know which heads would be better 2Aor E style.Thanks for any help.
    My boat has a 455. . . .
    Unless you have nostalgic/sentimental reasons to keep the Olds, IMHO it would be more cost efficient to start fresh w/ Chevy or Ford. If you do all the mods in Timminator's HB article you will spend more and end up with less than you would with Chevy or Ford.
    The Olds boat forum is here:
    http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewforum....8a1efc70da0445
    Good luck with whatever you decide,
    MLC

TIMINATOR
    It depends on if you can do the mods or if you pay to do them. Also don't forget to factor the cost of headers/logs,mounts,bellhousing, alternator mount, big oil pan, etc. The cost/effective ratio depends on how fast you want to ultimatly run. If 70 or less, stay with Olds, prove a point to the chevy guys, stay with Olds, go real fast=chevy or ford. Call for details. 623-877-8553 Part two of the "practical Olds Lakeboat Engine" will be out this year. We still get two or three calls a month from the original article, more than any other. TIMINATOR

Midlake Crisis
    . . . and it was a great article. The only issue of HB I ever actually bought.

hkunz
    Which issue? I'm looking at a complete rebuild again, it'd be nice to have more info.

Midlake Crisis
    Which issue? I'm looking at a complete rebuild again, it'd be nice to have more info.
    It was the June 2006 issue. I think you can order back issues from ***boat.