Thread: California Jet Boats

joekidd
    What is the opinion of California jet boats? Are they good hulls? What do you think?

justfloatn
    Do you mean California Performance known as CP hulls??
    If you are asking about CP hulls I know they are a fast jet. Some of them are a very light layup that you can't even walk on the deck without breaking it and it shakes like a bowl of jello under way. They did make some heavier layup hulls. I heard they made a certan model that liked to make left turns and spit drivers out. Just a rumor, no details on that.
    About 10 to 12 years ago a few friends I hung-out with had jet boats. Eliminator bubble, a Wright and a Miller all with built motors and a Eliminator scorpion with a 800Hp blower motor. One of the group purchased a old P.O.S. CP hull. He stuck a basily stock 454 with a RV cam and tunnel ram in it and smoked everyone, but the Eliminator with the blower motor, by a good 5+ MPH.
    I wanted a CP or Daytona for a while but went with a Sanger Hydro instead

Mrs.Racer277
    What is the opinion of California jet boats? Are they good hulls? What do you think?
    You need to ask this question in the Jets section. From what I understand it is THE hull to have.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Cp's are great hulls but they are on the high side$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. if you can find one cheap then jump on it. Like mentioned above, the tunnels have a tendancy to turn left. If you get a gullwing they are probablly the quickest hulls out of the gate. ask you questions in the Jet tech section and you will get alot of replies
    Spitter(1980 sunkisst gullwing owner)

Mrs.Racer277
    Cp's are great hulls but they are on the high side$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. if you can find one cheap then jump on it. Like mentioned above, the tunnels have a tendancy to turn left. If you get a gullwing they are probablly the quickest hulls out of the gate. ask you questions in the Jet tech section and you will get alot of replies
    Spitter(1980 sunkisst gullwing owner)
    Geeeee why didn't I think of that