Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Boats

sbcokeman
    Just want to put the message out again , if some Cobra owners want to try something different we can maybe start a get together at San Antonio lake August 1st . we like to stay at motel six in Paso Robles it's close to Bad Bubba's BBQ for dinner .Any takers or ideas?.

sbcokeman
    Sorry guys i blew it the wife pick it out that i put the wrong date. sat: august 2 at San Antonio lake. all are welcome not just cobras. see ya floaten. take care. cokeman:

Throttle
    The regatta that was tentitively set for havi Aug 1 - 3rd, does not seem to be going off, many that I have spoke to are still planning on coming to havi anyway. just a thought.

sbcokeman
    we were told it was that weekend also but they haven't said anything since, we even made reservations at blue water just in case but have canceled since. Cobra just can't seem to get it together for there boat owners. with the price of fuel now i just thought it would be cheaper to stay close to home and even maybe start something new on the coast.

Throttle
    No Regatta,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But we have about 10 -15 boats/customers commited so far (would love to add more) to a weekend on Lake Havasu, August 1-3 (many have extended into the following week as well).
    Looking forward to seeing everyone together again. We would like to extend the invitation to all Cobra Boat owners. Please pm me for details.

Throttle
    we were told it was that weekend also but they haven't said anything since, we even made reservations at blue water just in case but have canceled since. Cobra just can't seem to get it together for there boat owners. with the price of fuel now i just thought it would be cheaper to stay close to home and even maybe start something new on the coast.
    At the time of the LA boat show, Cobra told customers that they would have more information to follow, that they were looking into options.
    At the same time the question of do we go back to the Blue Water (like in '04) or do we go back to Nautical (like in '06). Lots of feedback with pros and cons for both. It is my understanding that the Blue Water did not have enough space to accomodate a regatta that weekend and the Nautical was hopefull that a contract with the intent to have the event would soon follow.
    Unfortuantely, (my opinion) the impact on the industry over the past two years is showing an ugly sign and probably not able to carry the extra expense of the regatta.

Throttle
    I met a few other Cobra boat owners yesterday while hanging at Park Moabi and they said they were waiting to hear something too, they had booked rooms at the Nautical some time back too. I was led to believe that they would be keeping the rooms they booked and still look forward to a great weekend!

sbcokeman
    we made reservations at blue water but 86 them when fuel hit 5.00 a gallon so we are staying near. we will be at San Antonio instead . I new Cobra would screw it up again. All that go out to havi: have a great time!. to far for us to go. maybe we can set something else up a little closer to the coast?. sometime this summer. boat safe.

Throttle
    we made reservations at blue water but 86 them when fuel hit 5.00 a gallon so we are staying near. we will be at San Antonio instead . I new Cobra would screw it up again. All that go out to havi: have a great time!. to far for us to go. maybe we can set something else up a little closer to the coast?. sometime this summer. boat safe.
    You seem to be directing some disatisfaction towards Cobra and I am not sure why. Cobra has always done their regatta's every other year so "screwin it up again" seems a little off to me.
    Respectfully, I understand that the price of gas may also alter your trip to Parker or Havasu but please do not direct your decisions to cancel your trip towards Cobra. Cobra Boats had not officially planned anything to screw up.
    As I mentioned to you in a pm, we would be happy to have you join us for the weekend of Aug 1-3rd in Lake Havasu. More info will be out asap.
    I am planning a lunch run on Friday. Saturday we will get together on a sandy beach for all of us to mingle and meet new friends and reunite with old ones also to admire everyone's boats. Will probably set up some dinner somplace in town for everyone and a relaxing day someplace on Sunday. All details TBA shortly.

havaduner
    Cam, count us in, we'll prolly make a week of it. Any help we can offer/give just let us know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast