Thread: Help on fiberglass repair...

Pooh See Get Hers
    i need help fixing the rear deck of an early 70's 18ft. Kona jetboat... it was ran over by another boat on the passenger (right) side right next to the engine... the other boat was traveling at approximately 20-35mph... the damage is approximately 2 feet in length and about 6 inches high, it is completely through... the repair was estimated at $3000-$4000... i prefer to do the work myself... if anyone has any help on were to find books, or articles regarding "do it yourself boat repair" or "fiberglass repair", it would be greatly appreciated... thanks, Josh

spectratoad
    If you don't know how to do it I would not try to make money off the insurance company and let them fix it. I had mine hit a couple years ago, not as bad as yours but had the guy write it up enough to get the whole boat sanded and buffed. Gel looks 10 times better. I didn't want a brand new corner of my boat and the rest still look original 1977. Just my .02.

Doug H.
    you don't need to fix that boat as it is considered a loss, plus your airing out other peoples laundry, that's a no-no !!! do your parents know the name your using on these boards ? wait till they see it !!!...OUT

BrendellaJet
    go over to HavasuBarney.com and look around. Lots of info available their. I would attempt this repair myself. Does not seem too bad.