The SACRAMENTO RIVER RACING WATER FESTIVAL HAS BEEN APPROVED for June 27 & 28.
Previously knowen as Bridge to Bridge this event features radar runs, drag boats, jet boat walls of water, wakeboarding, C.G. Rescue and other water demonstrations.
There is NO CITY FUNDING for this event and THE ONLY WAY IT WILL HAPPEN IS WITH SPONSORSHIP. The city is charging for everything including toilets, police, security, river patrols, insurance and docking etc. We have never been faced with this in the past.:sqeyes:
The event will not happen without a minumum of $15,000 in sponsorship funding. This funding will cover only hard costs and does not include any overhead, administration costs or expenses incured by myself and volunteers.
Anyone with the ability to sponsor or who knows of a company that could and would please contact me. Display space is available on the boardwalk. Only contact me if you have something definate as I do not have time to discuss how screwed up the city is or debate if I am making a dollar from my business.
REGISTRATION-------------ANY AND ALL BOATS EXPECTING TO BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RADAR RUNS===DRAG BOAT DEMONSTRATIONS===PARTIES===WALLS OF WATER===OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THE EVENT MUST REGISTER BY JUNE 15................................
All registration fees will be returned if for any reason the event does not happen.
ONLY THOSE REGISTERED WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE DOCKS, THEIR BOATS IN THE COURSE AREA OR AT THE OFFICIAL FUNTIONS OF THE EVENT.
ANYONE WITH CONNECTIONS TO PROVIDE A PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM TO REACH THE DOCKS AND BOARDWALK AT NO OR VERY LOW COST CONTACT ME.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED.
IF WE DO NOT PULL THIS EVENT OFF THIS YEAR I DO NOT THINK IT WILL EVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
Thanks to all who are working positively to make this happen.
more info at www.pokerrunswest.com
CHRIS 916-704-7022 cell