Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery question...............

Lazerray
    I'm getting my knee "scoped" tomorrow for a torn meniscus. My question is how long is the average recovery time to where I'm pain free and stable enough to return to work? I am an HVAC Mechanic and do a lot of ladder climbing. Anyone been through this?

HalletDave
    I'm getting my knee "scoped" tomorrow for a torn meniscus. My question is how long is the average recovery time to where I'm pain free and stable enough to return to work? I am an HVAC Mechanic and do a lot of ladder climbing. Anyone been through this?
    It sort of depends on your age, what is your overall physical condition and how rapidly do you heal.
    I had the same surgery on my left knee (torn medial meniscus) when I was 46 years old. I was back coaching & doing full sprint workouts with my track athletes in 6 weeks.
    Good luck

Riomouse911
    My second (of three) knee ops was a lateral patella release and meniscus tear repair on the right knee. I was out of commission for about 2 months...(the ligament replacement (#3 of 3) recovery time was about 7 months.
    Remember ice is your friend when they get sore and swell up..and good luck!

upsman105
    Really depends on what kind of shape you are in... I had that done, also had torn A.C.L., but did not fix that... I am a UPS driver (imagine that) and I was back to work within 2 weeks.... partly because daytime television sucks so bad that I had to go back to work before I went insane...

Jerrys59
    Sure got to be better that a totel knee replacment like I had about a year and half ago. All good now though.

pancho
    Lazerray,just got an MRI this week and have the same thing,did you have the procedure yet and how did it go?mine happened out of state so now i`m back home and waiting for the records to show and looking for a local surgeon,my work wants me back asap and i`m hearing 3-6 weeks recovery

Lazerray
    Lazerray,just got an MRI this week and have the same thing,did you have the procedure yet and how did it go?mine happened out of state so now i`m back home and waiting for the records to show and looking for a local surgeon,my work wants me back asap and i`m hearing 3-6 weeks recovery
    Had to postpone surgery due to a problem with my pre-op blood test and haven't rescheduled yet. I'm thinking it will be in another couple of weeks from now.

Ziggy
    Wife had it done and was back within a few weeks. All depends on the severity of the operation I suppose.

Been there. Two ways to repair the meniscus. One is to cut out the torn part. Recovery is very fast. Be back running around in no time. Second is to stitch the torn part back together. Much longer heal time. Plan on being laid up for a little while if they stitch it.
    mrll

redneckgirl
    Hey LazerRay what is up??? It sure has been a long time!!! Good luck on you surgery!
    RNG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast