Thread: lower unit output

clifton f. rhodes
    how much water will a bravo one send to the motor to cool it. is it enough to not run the crank water pump.:devil: :devil:

pocketchange 22
    Bravo 1 wont send any H2O, you will need a raw h2o pump. Completly diffrent from an Alpha; yes it will cool, you need to run a diverter.

clifton f. rhodes
    thanks for the reply. i am putting a new sbc in my sanger and wanted to eliminatethe pump hanging off of the crank. there is a 1 1/2 hose coming from the bravo gong to the crank pump and i was hoping that the bravo pump would feed the motor also. i was worried about cooling it. i am building a sbc 40 over 400, forged eagle crank and rods with kieth black dished pistons and a comp cams turbo nitros complete roller valve train and a set of full port and polished 034 bowtie heads and a edeldrock 2529 intake manifold with a 1050 dominator feeding the motor.with the exhaust going out a set of kodiak exhaust into 4 inch mufflers. i thought about putting a electric pump on the motor also. do not know if that will work either. thanks for your input. i will put the crank pump on for now for saftey sake.