Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges to be filed on deputy

Biglue
    You guys remember the high speed pursuit which ended up with an airman home on leave being shot? Well the cop is going to be charged with attempted voluntary manslaughter. Usually I am behind the LEO's but in this case I think this was a complete violation of his duties and his badge. Well see what the court has to say.
    Here is the story.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11718775/

Havasu Cig
    Manslaughter? It should be Murder 2 if you ask me.
    You have to prove intent for a murder charge. If you watch the video there is no way they could prove it IMO. If this was not an L.E. officer it would probably be an ADW but they are going to make an example of him.
    I do think it is interesting that the mainstream media is downplaying this though because of the ethnicity of the officer. If it was the other way around Sharpton and Jackson would be marching in the streets. My.02

HMF'er
    If it was the other way around Sharpton and Jackson would be marching in the streets. My.02
    Yup, haven't heard a peep out of them!

Havasu_Dreamin
    Yup, haven't heard a peep out of them!
    Of course not, it doesn't help either of their 'causes'. BTW, where exactly is Jackson's church?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    You guys remember the high speed pursuit which ended up with an airman home on leave being shot? Well the cop is going to be charged with attempted voluntary manslaughter. Usually I am behind the LEO's but in this case I think this was a complete violation of his duties and his badge. Well see what the court has to say.
    Here is the story.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11718775/
    They need to hang his ass!!!!! They are getting away with that sh!t lately. Its getting out of hand! He isnt any different that "tookie wilson"...........

Havasu_Dreamin
    He isnt any different that "tookie wilson"...........
    Are you serious? BTW, it was Tookie Williams.....

little rowe boat
    I do think it is interesting that the mainstream media is downplaying this though because of the ethnicity of the officer. If it was the other way around Sharpton and Jackson would be marching in the streets. My.02
    Boy isn't that the freaking truth.

MagicMtnDan
    Imagine what would have happened if there wasn't a video tape of this shooting. Maybe the guy would have been shot 4 times (when the deputy realized three shots didn't kill him)!
    I wish they would hang the bastard. I have high expectations for LEO and support them completely but when they cross over the line and abuse their power and the rights of people then it's a whole 'nother story.
    The next a-holes to get what's coming to them are the LEOs that were brutalizing and robbing drug dealers for years.

C-2
    Tough call for sure, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I personally have a hard to believing the Deputy shot the guy out of anger or rage - doesn’t make sense.
    One thing is clear – the Deputy telling the guy he just shot to “shut the f* up” will not sit well with the jury.
    On the civil side, it’s only a question of how much we are gonna pay the victim. That’s gonna hurt the SBDO county budget

JB in so cal
    I think the cop is son of a chief/sheriff somewhere, as well

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast