Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Charges to be filed on deputy

Dave C
    you guys are harse (not that its a bad thing )
    yes I agree it was negligence.... especially if he didn't follow proper procedure.
    It seems it wasn't intentional rather a mistake. A punishable mistake but a mistake nonetheless.
    But WTF do we know, let him have his day in court.
    The airman was telling him he would cooperate. He tried to clarify he was an MP officer. He was ordered to get up. I can relate to the adrenaline part but like it was mentioned above. Secure the suspects, wait for help and secure the scene. To me it seems like sheer negligence if not deliberate. Come on man, you dont play with someone's life like that. Had the guy actually produced a weapon or lunged at him, there would be no questions asked. It will be up to the jury. Only those people really know what their intentions were.
    Ziggy I agree with the part about running from LEOs. The thing is this dude was a passenger, not the driver. He was not in complete control of his situation.

C-2
    The airman was telling him he would cooperate. He tried to clarify he was an MP officer. He was ordered to get up. I can relate to the adrenaline part but like it was mentioned above. Secure the suspects, wait for help and secure the scene. To me it seems like sheer negligence if not deliberate. Come on man, you dont play with someone's life like that. Had the guy actually produced a weapon or lunged at him, there would be no questions asked. It will be up to the jury. Only those people really know what their intentions were.
    Ziggy I agree with the part about running from LEOs. The thing is this dude was a passenger, not the driver. He was not in complete control of his situation.
    The airman should have kept quiet - I wondered if he said anything about being an MP. Not good in a situation like that.
    ------
    A few years back a neighbor was getting his car repo'd at 3:00 pm (yes, afternoon). My neighbor was a cop, heard it going down and confronted the repo guys. My neighbor told the repo guys he had his service revolver in the car. The repo guy freaks, runs to my door and asks to call 911. Repo guy tells 911 operator the cop has a gun. WHAT? I grab the phone from the shaking repo guy and tell the 911 operator the guy is an off duty cop with a gun in the car, not on him. I kick the repo guy out of my house, telling him he made a big mistake. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, the calvary arrives and takes everybody down at gunpoint - including a husband/wife who had just started walking their dog and were simply passing by.
    --------
    Moral of the story - sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut until the dust settles.

Kilrtoy
    Come on man, you dont play with someone's life like that. .
    The airman MP, loser did...... It was his choice
    how do you know the driver wasnt scared of the MP and the Mp airman was telling the driver to flee the scene.... YOU DONT

Biglue
    The airman MP, loser did...... It was his choice
    how do you know the driver wasnt scared of the MP and the Mp airman was telling the driver to flee the scene.... YOU DONT
    I'm not defending the actions of the Airman or the driver. I have said over and over YOU SHOULD NOT RUN FROM COPS.
    And the 2nd part of your post is fairly far fetched. He is a family man home on leave. Granted the officer does not know that. How do YOU know he was not dreading the worst being at gun point by this cop. Look at the outcome....shot 3 times.
    You are a cop yourself. Why would you ask him to get up if you have him secure laid out on the floor in front of you (once again) AT GUN POINT.
    Does it make sense to you?

Kilrtoy
    I'm not defending the actions of the Airman or the driver. I have said over and over YOU SHOULD NOT RUN FROM COPS.
    And the 2nd part of your post is fairly far fetched. He is a family man home on leave. Granted the officer does not know that. How do YOU know he was not dreading the worst being at gun point by this cop. Look at the outcome....shot 3 times.
    You are a cop yourself. Why would you ask him to get up if you have him secure laid out on the floor in front of you (once again) AT GUN POINT.
    Does it make sense to you?
    The second part of my post is no more far fetched than your post, this poor innocent family man who is the military on leave from a war. Shall I continue.... he made choices that night, i dont know about you ro him, but I DONT HANG OUT WITH SHIT BAGS.....So with that said, i will never be in that situation to giove you a correct response on what I would do. As far as the deputy, it would appear he may have used VERY VERY BAD AND POOR TACTICS that caused this shooting to occur. But then again, I said It would appear, not saying that is true either...

Biglue
    The second part of my post is no more far fetched than your post, this poor innocent family man who is the military on leave from a war. Shall I continue.... he made choices that night, i dont know about you ro him, but I DONT HANG OUT WITH SHIT BAGS.....So with that said, i will never be in that situation to giove you a correct response on what I would do. As far as the deputy, it would appear he may have used VERY VERY BAD AND POOR TACTICS that caused this shooting to occur. But then again, I said It would appear, not saying that is true either...
    Never made him out to be a "poor" innocent victim. The family man anology was made to argue the perception I saw as far fetched. So we agree IT WOULD APPEAR that the officer "messed up".

Kilrtoy
    Never made him out to be a "poor" innocent victim. The family man anology was made to argue the perception I saw as far fetched. So we agree IT WOULD APPEAR that the officer "messed up".
    I will say that he may have used poor tactics, but I do not know SBSO tactics....

little rowe boat
    but I do not know SBSO tactics....
    It appears shoot first.

Racer277
    Tookie was a filthy murderer.
    This guy is much worse.
    He is a filthy murderer using authority we gave him to wear a badge.
    As for who you hang out with, that's funny.
    2 years ago at Jawbone canyon, we had a pair of SO's come into camp.
    We had heard shooting a few miles away all day. Maybe 2 hours after it stopped these two roll up. I'm thinking no biggie, I'm in the camp of a couple of BPD...
    They demand (not ask) to enter the trailers to search for firearms. When one BPD guys say no, one enters anyway, the other watches all of us, hand on weapon. He finds no weapons (didn't look long), but decides to ticket some of the bikes that were inside the trailers.
    During this time, they are ID'ing themselves, the searching SO doesn't care.
    After tickets are issued with no apologies, the first SO gets in his car, second SO apologizes for everything (they still got tickets-ha ha).
    I felt very vindicated, and let them know how much worse their rights would have been violated had they not been LEO's.
    I never wonder why people run from the cops. They feel they have a better chance with more public cameras on them...

THE WIDGE
    I don't know, it might come back to training. The way I was trained, and trained others was you hold the scene if possible with the suspects on the ground, in the vehicle etc... Once cover arrives you have one Deputy cuff the suspects while another Deputy or Multiple Deputies cover with a weapon. After the suspects are secured you check for weapons then detain until you figure out what you have.
    That being said, I don't think this Deputy told the guy to get up so he could shoot him. I think it was just a judgement call, and maybe a bad one. Unless you have been in a situation like that you have no idea what it is like. It is not like Television. Your pumped from the pursuit and it is hard to remain calm in the moments right after it ends.
    I agree with Cig, this may have been a training issue. First, I see a lot of opinions on this matter; however I ask you, have you been in this situation?
    Yes, the tape does not look good, and remember the media will always put a spin on things for exposure. But after you been chasing someone at speeds reported at over 100 mph, and while your are pursuing you must think, why is this guy running. Does he have a gun, parole at large (PAL), that is part of your training and your survival mode. The car crashes and comes to an abrupt stop. At this point you get pumped even higher because he may run or shoot, which neither happened, however you are very high.
    This is where it comes down to training. He should have waited for the calvery; however how may times have you see a pursuit come to an end, and you see a single cop run up to the car and pull the guy out. I can almost guarantee this was not how the offcier was trained, at least in SoCal. But this happens because of the pump.And then some guys shouting, and yes we know what is being said because we're not up, and we've seen it a dozen times.
    This probably got the Deputy up even more, just shut up and stay still.
    I don't know what caused this guy to shoot, but you must understand his mind set to get a clear understanding of the facts before you judge and make outrageous statements! I highly doubt he shot him on purpose. I think he made a big mistake, a mistake that was made in less than a second.
    There where three victims in this case.
    1. the airman, 2. the officer, he must live with this mistake forever, and 3. LE in general regardless if the shooting was justified.