Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: School Nurse or School Idiot....

topless
    So I get a call from the school nurse Monday telling me that my son hurt his wrist and it looks "kind of bad" Since she isn't a doctor, she doesn't know if it's broken or not...............
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...34IMG_0034.JPG
    This is after surgery...........
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...34IMG_0040.JPG
    I'm just wondering what qualifications people need to be a school nurse.

LAFD
    it aint broken just a little swollen.. damn doesnt take a genius to tell thats just a little broken. howd he do it??

OnlyMoney
    Sorry to see that girlie...I'm sure he's enjoying the gloating to the nurse thing. I had done that in 3rd grade and the teacher kept saying "no, it's not broken...and then I came in with a cast the next day. :yuk: :rollside:
    Oh, and I know of one older school nurse who got the job based on being around kids for a while and nothing else. I don't know if schools have changed their requirements since then, but she still works now with only the 20+ years of school nurse experience under her belt.

topless
    They were playing a friendly game of flag football in PE. Some kid tripped him.........He'll be fine. The tylenol with codeine works wonders.

little rowe boat
    It's pretty obvious that it is broken but you have to remember only a Doctor can legally make a diagnosis. The nurse probably new but did not want to step out of her scope of practice and possibly get in trouble.

Sleek-Jet
    So the Nurse called and told you your son injured his wrist, and I'm assuming you went down and took him to the ER immediatly???
    I don't see the problem I guess.
    Hope he's on the mend and feeling better all the time.
    Sleek <----- broke his wrist once too...

Her454
    OUCH, hope he heals quick Alison.......................

MagicMtnDan
    Maybe she didn't want to alarm you.
    A lot of parents would freak out if they got a call from the school nurse saying their kid was hurt and had a broken wrist (or whatever).
    Just be glad it wasn't worse and he will heal completely. Make sure he gets PT from it otherwise he could have issues with it later.

topless
    He'll be fine. 5 years ago he broke his other arm just like that. It was both his Ulna and Radius...........both times. I think he was just trying to get out of chores.

Silver
    With all the "BUDGET CUTS" going on, they now take mainly volunteers. But I believe that protocol states: only basic first aid skills are required! And CPR cert.
    The district nurse visits one day a week to cover any "YOU NEED TO LOOK AT's" (bruises, how dirty, follow ups on lice, etc.).
    Realize just how many dumb parents there are out there to begin with. Then society allows them to assume common sense roles that require responsible decisions that they are not capable of making.
    Now, need I say just how important it is for "PARENTS" to take part in a child's schooling and be involved in PTA, etc??
    Or, how about this one:
    Stop electing dumb asses for governors that cut the budgets... And VOTE!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast