Thread: Shoe removal

HOSS
    I wanted to remove my shoe,,,should I just use a car jack to bust resin?

HOSS
    anyone?

Jet Hydro
    :idea: I would use a chain saw

9er
    The resin is stronger than that. It'll just lift your boat.
    I did mine and needed to score the existing epoxy with a cut-off wheel.
    Just be sure all the nuts are off (even in the back) and gently tap the bolts down to free them.
    It's been a while but I think I also used the leveling bolts to apply a bit of pressure while scoring..
    My 2c.

HOSS
    Thanks

Jet Hydro
    :idea: are you talking about the shoe or the intake????

jrod
    If your talking about the shoe on a berkley/turbine/agressor just unbolt it. If your talking about the intake take a car jack and jack the boat up by the intake and take a plumbers torch and start heating up the epoxy. Stand in the boat and jump up and down a little and it will start to break loose.

SBC Jetboat
    I think hes talking about the intake. I used the leveling bolt holes (the four threaded holes at each corner) to press it out. Just be careful not to break the intake. Its strong but you could break a corner off if you arent careful. In addition to cranking down those four bolts I just worked around the intake and tightened the leveling bolts as I went. Its in there good, believe that. Someday your gonna ask what is that stuff they use to glue it back in there with. Its most commonly done with Marine Tex available at West Marine or any boat store. Thats when the leveling bolts come in handy again, to hold the intake in position while the glue sets.

HOSS
    thanks,,,,the shoe or intake needs to be resealed. But I`m doing a setback. Prob is now that I`ve talked to Greg (GS Marine) that my `75 Southwind cant handle the power. 1100 dynoed but now doing a full roller so who knows.
    Hulls for sale.

HawaiianJet
    Don't use the Marine Tex! Use Sea GoinÂ’ Poxy Putty!!!
    The Marine Tex is a little harder and more brittle than the Poxy Putty and can crack. The Poxy Putty has a little more give in it and is less prone to cracking.