Thread: How to install water flow control valves and do away with the Bassett T-valve?

TexasOutlaw
    I was wondering if anyone on the boards was using some kind of adjustable water flow control valve to your headers and/or engine instead of just using the T-valve with check ball and spring, and if so how do you have it configured? I would like to have an adjustable system that I can reach from the driver's seat or smoething like that, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it, or if it a good idea......

Heatseeker
    You've gotta leave the bassett tee unless you use some kind of electronic water control(such as the Banderlog Water Injection Valve, details available at banderlog.com). It shuts the water off at idle. If you have water running to the header at low engine speeds, you take the chance of water entering the cylinders, which can cause major parts breakage.
    You can use a valve to control the flow of water at speed, though. I have a ball valve before the tee, allowing me to choke the flow down or shut the water off if I want.
    Hope this helps you out.

77Spectra
    A buddy got rid of the ball and spring and used a throtle cable mounted to the base of the drivers seat to adjust a T valve. It worked real well. You just had to remember to shut the water off before you turn the engine off, dry it out some.

Blazerjet
    Texas Banderlog is the only way to go. It is a Electronic valve that is controlled by the Tach 1500 or 2000 you choose. Water comes on and you can hook up an optinal WOT switch to shut it off for the speed passes. Any questions feel free to give me a call.
    Fred Nelson
    Banderlog Dealer
    209-968-2622

TexasOutlaw
    Thanks everybody, I will check out the Banderlog deal.

Beautiful Noise
    Rex Marine sells a nice hand controlled valve that you can mount in front of the Driverseat it has a Off-Low-Medium-High setting,Works GREAT.Just use the Bassett Valve as your T-Fitting for your water line without the spring and ballbearing if your still getting to much water they also have Jets you can place into your fittings at the injectors to reduce the amount of water to a fine mist out of your headers
    Good Luck
    Steve