Thread: Castaic or Pyramid?

Ara
    We're gonna take the boat out for a few hours this Sunday. Haven't been to either this season. How are the conditions at both? If I get there around 9, am I going to have to wait in line? Are they more strict about speed at Castaic? Hope to see some of you out there.

SoCal_fun
    I was planning on going out Monday with the kids and my Brother, but also wondering which to go to. I know Pyramid has always been more relaxed with the speed runs and such, but the water quality usually leaves me feeling a little GREEN!!
    Castaic, with the Water Nazis and the no body contact in the water is just no fun though. :idea:
    Hmmmmm. Wish it wasn't so far to HAVAZOOO!! (and so HOT!!).

JetBoatRich
    I would take Pyramid over Castiac any day

HappyHour
    So how anal are they getting about this "no body contact" thing at Castaic?? I was there this past Monday and we (the family) had a good time. The back cove was real windy, but we found another one that was nice. The kids swam and played, and even my 3 year old daughter got in the innertube by herself and went for a little ride. Just wondering what they are like on the weekends???

grads2112
    Just curious, but what is the no body contact law?

wedge44
    skiing speed limit is 30 mph....that means you have to jump overboard with your ski on and your body can't come in contact with the water...

raff
    Just curious, but what is the no body contact law?
    They will let you Ski and Tube, but you can't swim Makes a lot of science to me:idea:

Ara
    We ended up going to Castaic. I don't want to wait in line at Pyramid, and getting there at 7 is a bit of a stretch. Probably be at Castaic again this sunday.

Mr. C
    I think the speed limit is 35mph, (not to disagree with Wedge)
    as far as no swimming goes, you can swim as long as you have a life jacket on, not sitting on it, not holding it, it must be on. And you must be in the general area of your boat. Also if your are in the back cove drinking (alcohol is not allowed) be careful because the popo seem to appear out of nowhere.

wedge44
    Mr C .......you are correct ...35 mph is limit...I was just making a funny...wedge