Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vinyl cleaner

MINNESOTA
    I found a great boat cleaner when I was in Havasu last year...I was wondering if anyone can recommend a great vinyl cleaner...I have not found one I LOVE...
    THANKS A BUNCH!

AZJD
    Boatbling.com
    vinyl sauce and a magic eraser.

I agree with the magic eraser ... good stuff . I use vinylex by lexol this really works good , check it out

grads2112
    Another vote for the Magic Eraser.

MINNESOTA
    I do use the magic eraser...they are amazing!!!
    I was looking for something I could spray on the seats to preserve and clean them...I had used one that was supposed to prevent sun fading...
    Thanks I will look into both of those...

Konabrent
    I have had really good luck with Spray Nine, get it from a sales rep if you can, the stuff I've found in stores seems to be diluted too much.

SOCALDETAIL1
    Leverages Leather/Vinyl Cleaner is great, I try to stay away from Magic Erasers I was told by a reputable person that it wears the stitching so if you use them just do the panels, We use a SOFT nylon brush and either Leverages Vinyl Cleaner or A diluted citrus cleaner. I have found that if anything says Leather and Vinyl cleaner on it, it is usually mild and WILL NOT damage the vinyl. We use Lexol on all leather we did a Cig Playboy Edition and it had Marine Grade Leather in it, and we use Leverages Leather/Vinyl Protectant it is NON GREASY witch I love especially when that wind blows that dust around

Show-n-go h2o
    Leverages Leather/Vinyl Cleaner
    I AGREE. we use all leverage cleabers and waxes now. that stuff is amazing
    a good cheap cleaner is a little dawn soap mixed with water. that will do wonders on seats

riverracerx
    303 protectant. I use the magic eraser and then use the 303 to keep the seats moist and protect from the UV rays.
    I also have a great recipe for cleaning vinyl:
    Smart & Final degreaser, mixed with a little automative hand cleaner (without pumice). Use a small nail brush and scrub gently. Cleans the grime in the texture on the vinyl as well as cleans the stitching up nice too.
    Follow up with the 303.
    http://manofrubber.com/productimages/303sizes.jpg

Mike K
    There is another way to really get your vinyl looking perfect. It's tough to clean and condition using just one product. That would be like cleaning your hands with soap and oil at the sametime? Meguiar's makes a vinyl product called #39 (vinyl cleaner)... it cleans without removing any pigment (color) ...that's what you have to watch out for with some vinyl cleaners ... you are scrubbing away to get it real clean ...but what you don't see is the pigment coming out of the vinyl. That's the trip ... if you clean too harshly or even use a scotchbrite pad , you will take the pigment out ... then you end up with a discolored patch. I have done this ... I scrubbed too hard so be careful. #39 is the right cleaner. Ok ... now the vinyl is super clean and not damaged ... now you need to put some #40 on it (Vinyl conditioner) The #40 will keep things UV protected and conditioned. You can spray on the #40 anytime ...like at the end of the day ..then wipe it up. Your vinyl will last for years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast