Thread: intake repair needed

78 propduster
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

HammerDown
    That can be fixed via weld...some say they fixed it by building it up with HD Poxy Putty but...I just see it breaking off with the epoxy fix >(! could be wrong)

9er
    That's quite a missing chunk. I couldn't imagine anyone using that much epoxy.
    Best bet is to make piece and weld it on.

78 propduster
    Thanks, I'll have a peice welded on. I thought that maybe someone sells replacement fins.

Definatley a Job best done by removing the intake and replacing it or haveing some one replicate it with mild aluminum 1/4 plate then grind blend and fill ,call if we can help you with "how to" Tom

78 propduster
    Thanks Tom,
    I've got an awesome welder fabricator in ft. Mohave. I wouldnt think that heat would'nt be much of an issue doing the job with the pump installed. am I all right on that?

Thanks Tom,
    I've got an awesome welder fabricator in ft. Mohave. I wouldnt think that heat would'nt be much of an issue doing the job with the pump installed. am I all right on that?
    I have heard of folks doing this ,ice in the bilge etc (in the boat) but I would be very "skeeered" !Your welder would know ,generally cast alum needs to be heated up to weld/penetrate properly and I would fear that process (in the boat) would/could also loosen the epoxy for the "intake bedding" Not sure I would approach this that way ! Sorry Bro just my 02 Tom

psdperformance
    I would listen to the man. he knows what he is talking about! Do it correctly the first time and it'll save you alot of headache in the long run.

Wicked Performance Boats
    I would listen to the man. he knows what he is talking about! Do it correctly the first time and it'll save you alot of headache in the long run.
    I'd wait till winter and pull the intake. Then replace it or weld it. Do you have it machined for a shoe now? Pat

I'd wait till winter and pull the intake. Then replace it or weld it. Do you have it machined for a shoe now? Pat
    Good point Pat ,that would be prime time for machining in a ride plate and shoe
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...c/DSC09318.jpg