Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water hoses routing glenwood wet logs

SeaSlut
    Just got a set of wet logs for 455. But the hoses are different from the berkley I'm using. Does anyone have a routing diagram, someone posted a nice one last year.
    This gonna be kind of wierd because I have bilateral 1" hoses going from the top of my thermostat to the front of my (square) exhausts.
    Any info while I'm polishing will help

hack job
    here you go!

HOOTER SLED-
    Sea slut,
    Glenwoods are a little different from the diagram above. The logs have a fitting towards the back and one on the front of it. The diagram log shows two fittings at the front of the logs. Either way the flow is still the same. Here is how mine flows w/ Glenwoods:
    -In from the pump
    -to the tee it splits
    -in through the back fitting of the log
    -out through the front fitting of the log
    -into the front of the block
    -out the thermostat housing
    -exit through the fitting of the snail riser
    Hope this helps and didn't make it more confusing. Good luck. Nice name by the way.
    HOOTER

SeaSlut
    Now I am confused.
    Mine have one at the front, one at the bottom of the rear, and one under the snail.
    I have bilateral 1" lines on top of the thermostat housing.
    should I start tee-ing with steel braid? Working back to the snails?

Seaslut, do you have a pic of your set-up? Might be easier to envision the changes needed if we knew what you were starting with....

hack job
    what i would do is form the pump go to the back of the logs to the front of the logs to the block then to the snails. its almost the same as above but a little different. thats how my hardin logs were done and it worked great. wink

SeaSlut
    My original Berkeley logs had only one 1" fitting on the front, which my hoses off the thermostat housing fed. So I am starting off with 2 (1 left, 1 right) one inch fitting to feed these three smaller fitting. I ASSUME the are all water in, i.e. no recirc, and they exit through the exhaust.
    This is just too much fun not to share ...

cdaspeed
    Sea Slut,
    Does your set up still have the water pump on the engine whith the berk thermostat housing?

SeaSlut
    CDA-
    Yes it does.

Is all the only water in your current exhaust the outlet water from the engine? Those 1" hoses...are you talking outside or inside diameter?
    OK, let me finish with my thoughts....
    If the old setup has only outlet water running thru the logs AND you are talking 1" OD hose, the solution is very simple. A 1" OD hose is likely a 5/8" ID. This is the size of the fittings on my old Glenwoods. Your outlet hoses should connect right up. If the hoses are truly 1" ID, then just change the fittings at the t-stat outlet to 3/4" or 5/8" and run to same size fittings in new logs. To get the water out of the boat by way of the risers, just use a length of hose to connect the rear log fitting to the riser fitting. In your current setup , I assume this connection is made internally.
    Hope this helps more than confuses.....
    [ May 21, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast