Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HBjet "Just wants to know"

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by HBjet
    I just wanted to know why Jet Hydro didn't run the faster proven hull verses the current setup he has nowHbjet
    Why would I want to run a boat that has proven it self already? If I were to run my Texas tunnel then I would be just like everyone else, "just out there doing what`s already been done!"
    Unlike you and most others I like to go and try new things and do thing that people say cant be done. I have more fun blasting past a guy that say`s "you cant" It`s so funny to ask them "What did you say" after you do it!
    I have more than one boat and I could buy what ever boat I want as there`s better boats out there that have proven them self's to be worthy and fast!
    The bottom line is It`s my money and my time, if I want to waste it on any of my boat`s than I have the right to do so.
    Sorry, but I don't like the easy way that you choose by using a boat that other`s have spent their time and money on proving. I like to have that fun my self as some time`s when I hit a good set-up that works it`s better than anything you`ll ever know.
    "Never let dreams die, for if you do, life will only be a broken-winged bird that cannot fly."
    Say what you want but I bet I`m having more fun with my boat than you`ll ever have!
    After all, isn't that what boats are about?? FUN???

*LS7*
    Jet Hydro,
    STFU

HBjet
    Fair enough, I just think it's a bigger reward when you beat someone using the similar setups. Goes to show that not everyone can just slap together a motor and dump it into a proven hull and expect to be fast. You want to race the jet hydro, that's fine , but you have nothing to compare it to . So when you do pass that person, do you think you could have passed them with equal power in an equal hull?
    Steve, what is the highest HP motor in and RR1 class and what is the lowest that you have seen or know of when you have raced in that class? And where does your motor's HP fall into that range. I'm just curious as to how big or small that difference is.
    Thanks!
    Randy
    [ May 23, 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Duke
    *LS7*:
    Jet Hydro,
    STFU who's this dipshit?

Cas
    Jet,
    I'm with you otherwise I might not be running a Panther. The way I look at it is I have everything to gain and nothing to lose. If I win a race or 2 against a Berk or one of the others, I've proven my point. They will be the ones looking for excuses on why they lost not me.
    I can think of a lot of "75" mph boats around here that I can't wait to go up against

Riverhound
    *LS7*:
    Jet Hydro,
    STFU Is that you BN?????????

Bense468
    Cas:
    Jet,
    I'm with you otherwise I might not be running a Panther. The way I look at it is I have everything to gain and nothing to lose. If I win a race or 2 against a Berk or one of the others, I've proven my point. They will be the ones looking for excuses on why they lost not me.
    I can think of a lot of "75" mph boats around here that I can't wait to go up against You are right, and every boat out at the river runs 100 when truly most run around 70. It would be cool to see a jet hydro with a panther take out some guys. Now that I would pay to see.

HBjet
    Bense468:
    It would be cool to see a jet hydro with a panther take out some guys. Now that I would pay to see. I second that!

Steve (Slowy) I really want to know the HP difference in the RR1 class that you have seen or know of, of even if you had to guess. Thanks
    HBjet

GlastronGuy
    Cas:
    Jet,
    I can think of a lot of "75" mph boats around here that I can't wait to go up against That's how I feel about the 455.

Jet Hydro
    Hbjet
    I know of guy`s that have 650+ with 250hp Noz all the way up to blown big blocks. I`d say the smallest one that I know of would be a guy down in Texas that had a little 450 to 500hp BBC with 250 shot Noz and he could turn the number as I even saw him cut some 11.`s. He told me that they didn't know why it ran so good but it did.
    I would have to say that most of the guy`s in RR1 are running 650Hp if they have a light boat but the heavy guy like my self have to run a little more HP to get these heavy boats down the 1/4 mile. My boat is one of the heaviest boat`s in the class. I would say that I most likely have more HP than most of the guy`s in my class " if " I wanted to put a big tune up on it. Duane keep`s me straight on setting up my blower pulleys so I don't go overboard on boost.
    I my self like to go all out with everything I`v got, holding nothing back. It`s a good thing I`v got him to keep me inline. I don't know the HP of my blower motor and I don't really know if I want to know but I`ll say it`s got more than I need.
    I know what your getting at as you always have a reason for asking for numbers all the time.
    Sorry I don't have my numbers.
    You say that I have nothing to compare my Jet Hydro to, Well the only True Jet Hydro that has ever left it`s mark in Drag boat racing was a boat ran by a guy named Mike something (sorry I cant remember his last name) His boat had over 900+ HP and never saw 11`s so to answer you question I do have something to compare it to.
    Don't say The Sanger or AKA The Wills was a Jet Hydro because it wasn't it`s a Tunnel with sponsons. Dean Wills built them Then he sold the boat to Sanger and they copied it making the Sanger Jet Hydro. That`s what Dean Wills told me anyway.
    Now for the part of. So when you do pass that person, do you think you could have passed them with equal power in an equal hull Yes, because I cut pretty good light`s and that`s where it`s at "The Light`s"
    I also devote more time in to testing and tuning than most people, Working on your ride is one of the biggest keys to racing it.
    So to answer that question " Yes, I`d have a better chance at running a guy that`s not as devoted as I am to wining"
    The hole package has to work as it`s not all just HP!
    Don't know if that`s what you wanted but it`s what you got....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast