Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha Vs. Sea-Doo?

wmsthree
    Hey guys! I have this same question posted on another forum but thought I'd ask it here also to get perspective from another audience: If a person had a wad of cash to plunk down on a 2008 model, which is better, the Yamaha jet boats or the Sea-Doo jet boats? Let the arguements and bashing begin.

sstjet
    This is the jet boat section not the rental boat section.

Midlake Crisis
    Hey guys! I have this same question posted on another forum but thought I'd ask it here also to get perspective from another audience: If a person had a wad of cash to plunk down on a 2008 model, which is better, the Yamaha jet boats or the Sea-Doo jet boats? Let the arguements and bashing begin.
    Yamaha rules in reliability. This probably isn't the forum to get the kind of detailed responses you are looking for though - this is more of a "loud V8" jet boat forum.

sstjet
    Yamaha rules in reliability. This probably isn't the forum to get the kind of detailed responses you are looking for though - this is more of a "loud V8" jet boat forum.
    No this is a jetboat forum, it is not a jetskiboat (lake lice)forum. :messedup:

wmsthree
    Sorry guys, didn't mean to offend. Just thought someone on here had experience with these boats. I'll try to post more carefully.

wmsthree
    SSTJET, I was talking about the BOATS, they are 23 feet long, not a jet ski. Just wanted you to know.

Midlake Crisis
    SSTJET, I was talking about the BOATS, they are 23 feet long, not a jet ski. Just wanted you to know.
    They are also faster than 1/2 the boats on this site (including mine), and handle better.

hkunz
    We saw the aftermath of one that had the "dual engine". One engine died/sucked up a rag/whatever. The boat spun into the rocks, the gal onboard went through the fiberglas and the windshield into the rocks. They weren't going that fast, but the boat shredded, the whole nose was just gone. Seatow/Vessel Assist had to drag them backwards to Topock.
    If you had a wad of cash, buy a nice jet boat with an engine cover to protect the kids, and make sure it has a BBC for power so parts are cheap(er) and it is easier to fix.
    As you've seen here, one of the candidates you listed would easily be confused with a rental, whereas an old Tahiti, or Sanger, or Hawaiian would be a boat with personality. If you are thinking that the ricer jets would be better for fuel mileage, you are picking the wrong hobby

LuckyDaze
    Both boats suck. They are heavy, slow, under powered and use a lot of gasoline. So if you had a "load" of cash to plunk down on a 08 use that load of dough to buy a real boat.

I get an amazing amount of calls on these and "Sport jet" powered boats every week for which I can't offer help (not my market) , What I do belive is "you get what you get" ,there doesn't seem to be an "aftermarket" for them at all (goodies Hypo stuff,etc ) I will say I took a 90 hp 16' Bayliner in on trade one season and "drove the wheels" off it for a couple weekends before I sold it WOT was 43 mph ,held it there for the entire lenghth of NAC . It was like renting and riding a Moped (ind of fun to do but you don't want your friends to see ya) Tom

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast