Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Came Across a Cool Jet Boat Video

LakesOnly
    ...from last year's Thunder on The Green races in Kentucky. Even though this boat came into this race as high points leader, the red lighting at this event was cause for finishing the season 2nd overall. Still spanked that eggbeater outboard, though!
    Boat is a Cheyenne Tunnel running a 665 cubic inch all aluminum engine. Pump hooks up at 7200 rpm.
    Turn on your speakers and check it out by Clicking Here. (http://media.putfile.com/Lems-Jet-Bo...bcc1199eb5a9ab)
    LO

centerhill condor
    that's what I'm talkin' about! woo hoo... :rollside:

TexasJet
    SWEET!!!!! Boat look real clean on the run. Motor sounds great! :jawdrop:

Dimarco Kid
    That thing haul the phuking mail!!! it's an eliminator isn't it? Not a Cheyenne

LakesOnly
    Yep; my bad. The Cheyenne was sold off and that's the Eliminator.
    LO

dmontzsta
    Nice find Paul.

very cool, whats it run in the 1/4?
    look for far forward that engine is when it rolls through the pits. :supp:

LakesOnly
    Nice find Paul.I was there, but never really saw this video before. I'm actually in a couple of scenes in that little movie, if you look closely...whatever...
    Lem (boat owner) held down both ends of the Jet Boat USDBA World Record record some years ago.
    LO

LakesOnly
    very cool, whats it run in the 1/4?
    look for far forward that engine is when it rolls through the pits. :supp:Well, after setting the record back in the early 1990's with an 8.055/124.87 in Pro Gas Jet, it was decided by the team that pushing the tunnel hull that fast in that class was pushihg their luck, safety-wise. So the boat in the above video has a throttle stop (KDBA legal) and runs the 9's. Qualified 9.030 on that day, somewhere around 115mph. The guys are just having fun, these days.
    Remember, this was 1991 and in Pro Gas Jet:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rld_Record.jpg
    I bought the record setting engine and it's going into my hydro (different cam, of course).

dmontzsta
    Well, after setting the record back in the early 1990's with an 8.055/124.87 in Pro Gas Jet, it was decided by the team that pushing the tunnel hull that fast in that class was pushihg their lick, safety-wise. So the boat in the above video has a throttle stop (KDBA legal) and runs the 9's. Qualified 9.030 on that day.
    Remember, this was 1991 and in Pro gas Jet:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rld_Record.jpg
    I bought the record setting engine and it's going into my hydro (different cam, of course).
    That hydro is going to be scary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast