Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21' hull identification help

CrdStang
    What is this thing?
    I got this hull out of a guy's yard for free. I've always wanted a jet boat with a stabbin cabin! It's actually in better shape than my first boat was when I got it.
    Someone glassed over the hole in the transom, but the intake hole is still there.
    I'll be powering it with a 7.3L International turbo diesel and a Hamilton Jet HJ274. (Just try finding a Berk/Agressor/AT pump that will absorb 400HP at 3000RPM).
    Anyway, here are the pics:
    (why yes, that is my own personal auto salvage yard in the background)
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...20boat%20hull/
    (someone let me know if the link doesn't work)
    Ahhh I can almost smell the resin fumes now...

Midlake Crisis
    Looks like a lot of room under the deck. Is there bench seats in there?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/PHTO0048.jpg

CrdStang
    There's no seats in it now, and it isn't obvious what kind of seats used to be in it either...

Cas
    is there a HID (hull identification number) on the right side of the transom? It's usually on the upper right side. If so, check the first 3 letters on this website-
    http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm

Mowparman
    That appears to be either a Hawaiian or an Avenger.
    Ive seen them called either one depending on the year built.
    Mowparman

CrdStang
    Thanks guys. I'll check for the Hull ID number next time I'm out at the shop.
    What kind of speed could I expect from this hull with 400HP?

Midlake Crisis
    Did he say speed??

That monster with a jet drive might be a fun toobin' / party boat, but I wouldn't focus too much on speed; that will only meet with disappointment.
    All I know about that size boat I read on the internet, but I'll guess 55 with 400 hp. . . .

CrdStang
    55 would be just fine. I run on the ocean and it's a rare occasion you can go anywhere near that fast outside the breakwater. The bay gets pretty small at 55mph. It'll be a ski/tube boat mostly, maybe some fishing now and then...

sunkisst
    Does the phrase "WALK AWAY" mean anything to you? You can find another project boat that will cost a WHOLE LOT less to complete than this one...I dont intend to burst your bubble,but" FREE" doesnt necessarly mean cost-effective.KEEP SHOPPING!!!! I think others will chime shortly. Jack.

UrbanLegend
    That hull is very similar to mine and mine is a Wriedt. I'm not saying yours is a Wriedt, but it just looks similar.
    I have a 460 in mine, with a decent setup and she can get up. Some of these guys on here act like if you're not going 105 mph on the water your boat and the way it's setup, just isn't up to par with "hot boating"...
    I'm more into cruising with about 3-4 half neked woman on my ride and using it for weekend get aways with the kids.
    I just bought my boat a few months ago and I've had it out a few times and I've already spent quite a bit of money on it after I bought it, but you have to realize that it's very true when people say "a boat is a hole in the water you pour $$$ into"...
    As far as speed, I have only gotten my boat up to a little more than 3/4 throttle and the speedometer read between 60-65, and that was PLENTY fast enough for me. I'm going to rebuild my motor this winter and I'm going to get new heads and headers, along with a bigger carb and I'm going to add a scoop. I'm looking to add some horse power to be able to hang around the 75-80 mph *if* I ever want to go that fast, but I seriously doubt that I will be going that fast.
    What good is a "hot boat" if it's only big enough for one person and you can't hear yourself think because you're body shaking violently and you have to worry every second about making any one small mistake that can kill you or one of your loved ones......no offense to anyone.
    Naaaaah, you playboys and ballers can have that mess, I'll spend my time grabbing some azz and focus on the bouncin boobs, while drinking it up with the ladies...
    If you got this boat for free, then there's nothing wrong with taking on a project, just as long as you understand just how much money you're going to spend on that particular boat. Judging by the photos, it looks like the transom and engine area need to be rebuilt and glassed before you put power in it, that alone is going to cost you a couple thousand (if you do it the right way) .
    Nothing wrong at all with getting a free hull and fixing it up nice, just be prepared to spend some dough...
    Best of luck, hope you get her back to her past glory.
    http://i31.tinypic.com/rtfhpc.jpg
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2i6l3is.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast