Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 6.5 components to get?

Blueduck
    Focal 165v
    Diamond Audio D661
    Alpine Spx-177r
    What do you guys think.... :rollside:

ROZ
    Tough choice, really... go with what sounds best to you... I ordered a pair of the Alpines for a customer who has since never called back. It was an insurance dealio, so I never took a deposit for them. The speakers are just sitting in my old inventory. If you like them, you'd be doing the guy that is still there a favor by buying them.... He'll give you a good price to get rid of product they don't stock.. I can pm his number if you want..
    Chris

TOBTEK
    Im a HUGE fan of the Fo-Cal's! Had them in my last boat, have two sets of the 165 K2 three way systems in the new boat, and have the K2 two way systems in the Rhino. It would be tought to find a cleaner sounding system IMO. Dont forget about the quaility of your amps as well, that will make a difference. If you ever want to check out either of my systems, let me know. Good Luck either way you go.....Tobtek
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._retouched.jpg
    just your basic boat install

Phat Matt
    Im a HUGE fan of the Fo-Cal's! Had them in my last boat, have two sets of the 165 K2 three way systems in the new boat, and have the K2 two way systems in the Rhino. It would be tought to find a cleaner sounding system IMO. Dont forget about the quaility of your amps as well, that will make a difference. If you ever want to check out either of my systems, let me know. Good Luck either way you go.....Tobtek
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._retouched.jpg
    just your basic boat install
    Man I love the way that looks.

BadKachina
    All three are good quality speakers, sounds like Roz has a good price on the Alpines. I've used the mid level Focal's and the Mid level Diamond Audio's and had real good success, haven't heard the Type R mids but I love the Type R subs.

TP121
    How about MTX, Audiobahn, or Polk 6.5's?
    Audiobahn makes a really nice marine set of 6.5's and 6X9's but I have never actually heard them. Found out about those on another forum.
    The Polks I hear are real nice, too.

Phat Matt
    Thanks.
    I saw it is person last month and it looks sweet.

Blueduck
    Is there any issue with speakers that dont have Alum dome....I was told that Silk dome absorb water??? Some manufacture dont say what theres is...for example Alpine X series dont!

BadKachina
    Is there any issue with speakers that dont have Alum dome....I was told that Silk dome absorb water??? Some manufacture dont say what theres is...for example Alpine X series dont!
    Are we talking a drop of water every now and then or are we talking submerging your speakers? Just make an effort to keep them dry and you'll be ok. Don't bring squirt guns (super soakers, whatever) to the lake and don't park next to other people that are shooting them. Squirt guns aren't cool...............Nothing worse than cruising through the channel and having some asshole squirt your interior as you go by.

TOBTEK
    Are we talking a drop of water every now and then or are we talking submerging your speakers? Just make an effort to keep them dry and you'll be ok. Don't bring squirt guns (super soakers, whatever) to the lake and don't park next to other people that are shooting them. Squirt guns aren't cool...............Nothing worse than cruising through the channel and having some asshole squirt your interior as you go by.
    man, id be pissed if some CLUELESS homo hosed us down and jacked up my speakers.....some people are just plain lame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast