Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 496 HO. Lul in RPM...

fresno69
    have been on duty the past few days. Won't be able to work on her till monday. I'm gonna change fuel filters and replace the screen filter. I'm also gonna pull a plug or two and make sure I'm not fouling any.
    The Labbed SS 26P gives me about 56-58 mph @ 4000 rpm with two coolers/ 1beer/1food, me, wifey, baby, and two friends, and the nose and ski locker full of junk. The SS non labbed 24P is about 52-54 at same RPM.
    hey everyone, sorry for buttin in, i may be interested in a 26 prop, i'm near Fresno, so if either of you guys want to sell a 26, let me know.
    thanks, Earle 559-259-8339

Aluminum Squirt
    Well, I'm near Sacramento so I'm not too far from you, I may be interested. I decided the 26" is way too big during some testing this last weekend. Not sure what an excellent condition 26" is worth but I know that I'm probably not going to need it anytime soon unless I'm running at the bottom of death valley or I find some cheap horsepower. I'd be far more interested in a trade for a similar condition 24", although after this weekend I'm thinking a 22" may be the ticket. I was pulling about 4500 RPM's at WOT, fully trimmed out. Of course it was with a full load of gas (64 gal), my fat ass, and an easy-up. I would definetly like a little more hole-shot, even if I'm going to be up a little closer to the rev limiter. Let me know what you think about my 26", make me a deal I can't refuse-Aluminum Squirt

slingingsmoke
    Well, I changed the fuel filter and the screen filter, i also added some of mercury's DRI-Fuel additive. The LUL is GONE! and the boat is running well. I probably had a little water in the fuel and when the boat was porpoising the fuel pickup was getting the contaminated fuel. So far so good. I used 3/4 of a tank of fuel over the last 4 days at havasu and am pleasantly surprised. I also fueled up @ terribles instead of super fuels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12