Thread: EXTREME trailer help..

slingingsmoke
    2003 Tandem axle trailer. Quad disc brakes. Torsion suspension. The front axle tires have some pretty good inner tire wear. It seems as though the camber is too negative (tops of tires look like they're sticking in towards the frame of the trailer if you're looking through your sideview mirror). Rear axle looks great. Tires tread is flat on pavement.
    How do I adjust the camber on the front axle? I looked for a torsion key to adjust but could'nt find one. Help. Thanks.

Itzme
    YA know, I could be wrong, but I am not sure you can...call extreme today, talk to them........

fred515
    I have the same problem. I was told no way to adjust them. Also told the spindle or axle may be bent that is why the tire wares that way. Did you get it fixed? I am looking at a new trailer with springs.

jammin
    2003 Tandem axle trailer. Quad disc brakes. Torsion suspension. The front axle tires have some pretty good inner tire wear. It seems as though the camber is too negative (tops of tires look like they're sticking in towards the frame of the trailer if you're looking through your sideview mirror). Rear axle looks great. Tires tread is flat on pavement.
    How do I adjust the camber on the front axle? I looked for a torsion key to adjust but could'nt find one. Help. Thanks.
    I was told by a trailer repair shop that there is no adjustment and that this type of problem is an indication of bent spindels. Was also told that most axels are very fragile and that the spindels bend very easy ie; bumps, pot holes, curbs, etc. I was also told that to fix bent spindels you must replace the axel.